Tests for Colon Dysplasia

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hello

I have yearly colonoscopies after having bowel cancer 5 years ago and have had Ulcerative Colitis for over 40 years. This week, I had the colonoscopy and the attitude of my consultant was quite different.

He was very keen to mention how high risk I am and that he would be taking lots of biospies, looking for colon dyplasia.He took about 30

He found no polyps and my recent blood tests & MRI as part of my surveillance were negative.

Like an idiot I have been researching on the internet and everytime I see dysplasia it seems to be linked to Polyps, which I haven't got.

Has anyone got experience or knowledge of this, if he finds high grade dysplasia is that pre cancerous stage, does it turn into Polyp, could it have spread?

Does anyone have any thoughts?

Thanks

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I get a second opinion on that for sure it points too cancer but a second and sometimes third opinions help.on that is it severe or moderate dysplasia if its severe or even moderate its cancer either way.

• Posted

And dyplasia is a poylp

• Posted

And it is.linked.too have lethal crc colorectal colon cancer having uc for that amount of time for 30 to 40 years.

• Posted

That means deadly I would get a second opinion and.sometime s a third always helps.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.