Texas

Posted , 6 users are following.

aged 28

Family holiday to Texas 18 June 2009.

Desperate need to lose weight to feel and look better!!!

start weight 14.1.09- 14'7

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Everything's bigger in Texas you'll fit right in.
  • Posted

Not helpful.

I thought this site was for support and encouragement

• Posted

Don't worry, \"guest\" hasn't got the bollocks to speak up under their real name, so pay no attention smile

I'm sure you will do good befor eyou go on your holiday, just stick to 15g's of fat per meal, drink plenty of fluid and exercise smile You will do so well if you do smile

• Posted

hi lukee,

this is a really good forum,and most of the people are really supportive and will encourage you..

im new to this aswell,and people will try to help..

as kaymarie said,as long as you stick to 10-15g per meal,3 times a day, and do plenty of exercise you will be fine.

dont forget you've got six months :D

ive read through some posts,and people av lost nearly 2 stone in just 3 months...

so you will hopefully be laughing come 6 mths.. :lol:

hope all goes well and keep us posted...

tracey.x

• Posted

Sorry guys - do you want me to delete the comment made by Guest which was uncalled for.

Regards

Lin

• Posted

yes please remove the guests comment.

I think this was uncalled for also.

Everyone that has been posted on this site has had positive or helpful comments back but to receive a comment like that was not nice.

• Posted

Hey Lukee,

Just wanted to wish you luck. I am 26 and started on the blueys this week myself. We have a family holiday in June also and am desperate not to show myself up in a swimsuit!

We can do it!

JellyBellyMummy

• Posted

Hi there - whilst the comment made about fitting in was uncalleed for in a way they have a point - Texas has more overweight people than any other state so everywhere you go you'll be surrounded by other people with the same difficulties as you and their shops and restuarants have to cater for them too. I haven't been to texas but other the states tend to have more low fat 'skinny' options when you're eating out than we do and they're really good on customer service so i'm sure if you're eating out and you want to avoid having something high fat if you explain to your waiter/waitress or the server you're counting calories they'll bend over backwards to suggest things which will suit or ask the kitchen to go easy on things like oil, cream or cheese. Some menus even have the calories per portion on them.

Portion sizes were the scariest thing - i asked for a large coke in Boston and got about 2 pints. If they have kids sizes they might be a better bet. Enjoy !

• Posted

Having been to Texas in June I can tell you that you will be warm...nay, hot....hot....hot....you will be diving from one air conditioned building to another. You will have no difficulty in drinking water...your body will crave it all day. That's my experience. As for dinner well what could be better than a green salad with a wedge of lemon and no dressing - you will have to stress this very strongly and don't be afraid to send the salad back if it has been dressed. A baked potato, again you will have to stress no dressing...they will have Flora possibly or their version...if you feel that you can allow yourself some ok....then steak...fish..chicken .again stressing the no fat rule...they will get the message. Don't, for goodness sake, eat any Hush Puppies, these are gorgeous little starters which will arrive on your table free and gratis, they are like stuffing dipped in batter and deep fried. Sumptious but not for us. Breakfast depends on where you are staying but if you are out for breakfast you will be able to choose from an abundant menu. You should not avail of the doughnuts some motels offer in the lobby....dripping with fat. If you are in a hotel you'll not have a problem....the buttermilk pancakes with maple syrup are wonderful but I wonder what content the fat would be in them....don't know that. I would then buy some fruit for lunch if you are able to shop for yourself. I honestly feel you will have no problem getting suitable food - it's everywhere.

Have a wonderful holiday...are you going to Lubbock to the Buddy Holly museum? And if you are near the quarter-horse museum it is just great for a visit. The best 'museum' I've visited. To be honest we went there to get out of the heat and ended up loving it. Enjoy the Yellow Rose State.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.