Thailand stomach pain, cough, white stuff in stool

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi guys I'm travelling Thailand at the moment I've only been here for around 2 weeks been in Bangkok, Koh Phangan, Koh Tao and now in Krabi, but when in Koh Tao I started to lose my appetite a bit and even a bit in Koh Phangnan, I put it down to the heat but I was still eating even if I wasn't hungry, I'm now in Krabi and passed a small stool today for the first time in about 2 days and it had what looked like white mucus around the stool and on the end, I've did have a horrible belching/burping taste in my mouth for about two days and also I have a bit of cough and blocked nose can anyone give me any sort of idea as to what it could be, if it's serious or not? I haven't taken any medication or anything, I'm feeling a lot better today than I have for the past few days but still have a bit of a lower abdominal discomfort.

Thanks guys Ollie

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Seems like some local infection, possibly from local food. 

Try to get some probiotic drink. 

• Posted

Hi, mucous around stool is from infection.  As Rocky mentioned can you try to get a probiotic as this will help.  You also sound constipated, are you drinking enough water.  The heat, alcohol, change in food etc etc will all cause changes in bowel movements.  Take care

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.