thank god its bed time

Posted , 5 users are following.

I really seem to be struggling again to get through the days. I m on plegalin 75mg 3x a day and 30 mg of mirt at night. Seemed to go well on the mirt at first but i have had that horrible feeling of discomfort and not being able to enjoy anything again for the last week. My mind is racing and i cannot relax. Just horrible having to look forward to go to sleep at night only to wake up and having to face it all again. just get so emotional as well.

Need my life back !!!

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

i say that same thing to myself everynight.  i am on the same medications but i am reducing from 30 to 22.5 because i am experiencing so much anxiety. hope my mood won't be affected negatively.  hope you sleep well and feel better
  • Posted

Bozzer, I am not familiar with plegalin, its use, dosing, and possible side effects. But I can tell you this for certain from experience, you will not have your life back, and I assume you mean who you were before the first pill, as long as mirtazapine is on the scene! I say this with a thought as to why you were prescribed the stuff to begin with, which would be your life prior to the medicine. So, is that the life you want back, or your life minus whatever problem that sent you to the doctor to begin with. If you don't mind, I would like to add this for those who aren't aware:

Clinical Depression - being depressed because for what ever reason, your body isn't in harmony with the making, distributing, and reabsorbtion of seratonin and norepinephrine. Too much = manic, Not enough = depression.

Situational Depression - Depressed because something in your life is making you sad, and you have no control over the outcome. And, when things change, because of time or resolution of the problem, the depression gradually resolves.

You really have to take a hard look at why you are depressed before letting a doctor start handing you powerful psychotropic drugs, Bozzer, I don't know your problem, and it is your private medical info and not my business to know. I just saw your close with needing your life back, and I have written that myself more than once, so I am with you and wish you well. I just thought I would use this opportunity to define the difference. Godspeed my friend, David

• Posted

Hi David and Bozzer. I just wanted to say that mirtazapine and venlafaxine have given me my life back, so there are success stories for antidepressants out there. My present problems are a direct result of trying to reduce the mirtazapine, but I expect them to settle down soon. My recurrent spells of depression come under the category clinical depression, but I have also been helped by CBT, which enabled me to find coping mechanisms.
  • Posted

pregalin is really a medication for nerve pain, but it is also used to treat anxiety ...as i learned after yelling at a pharmacist that i did not have pain, imhad anxiety.  i never saw the pharmacist again!
    • Posted

The proper name for Pregablin is Lycra,and it is also used for Eperlepsy.
    • Posted

Hi Norma - you had me wondering there! I thought Lycra was the stretchy stuff used to hold your bulges in (!!) so I googled pregabalin and discovered it's trade name is Lyrica. Now it makes sense!
    • Posted

Hi Pixie,I know what you must of been thinking because I thought the same.

Every time I seen any of the medical proffestion they would go through my meds and always say (I see your on Lycra?) and because I'm on such a lot of meds Id just nod,then one day I said no what do you mean Lycra!! That's when I found out it was Pregablin,so when I got home I looked and it is actually on the box as Lycra.  That's happened lots of times but I ask more now.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.