thank you

Posted , 5 users are following.

Dear all

wishing you a peaceful time over the holiday period. I know Christmas can be difficult for many sufferers. I just wanted to thank you all for helping me and many others through thier illness.

It amazes me to see so many people who are unwell, reaching out to help others. I wish you all a speedy recovery and pray that life starts being kind to you. In the meantime try not to dread the holiday period..only do the things you want to do. Dont worry about what others may think...put yourselves and your recovery first.

God bless you all and sincere thanks again xxx

(Special thanks to Katecogs, hypercat,evergreen, digsby,missy)

1 like, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Dear Lorraine, thank you so much for your message. It made smile and for some reason feel the love. I wish the best for Christmas let it be peace, happiness, love or anything you'd like. 

How are you doing? How's the treatment going? Felling any better? Loads of questions, just answer if you feel like it.

Tomorrow will be my second week on Mirt and I don't really know what to say. I'm only on 15mg for anxiety and seem to be doing better although at times I can still feel it getting over me. The first week slept like a log but things are changing now and don't sleep too weel. It takes long to fall asleep or my dreams are so weird and vivid I kind of feel I didn't have a good rest. I'm trying meditation and it really helps, Youtube has great stuff I find very helpul to relax before going to sleep.

I don't know if things will change in the futute and my sleep will be back to normal. Maybe someone else in the forum could tell me their experience. I'd like to say I feel lucky, at least for now, my apetite is not increasing, It's better yes, but I think it is because I am less anxious.

Again, thank you so much for your lovely message. Please let me know how are you doing.

All the best

Luis

• Posted

Bless you Luis

I'm so delighted you felt the love ♥♥

I usually ask God for inspiration when I'm responding to someone, as I would be mortified to give unsound advice to fellow sufferers , or hurt their feelings unintentionally. I have been very lucky compared to some. I had six months of misery and hideous, awful, torturous (think you get the picture I'm painting here lol!) Depression. Then the depression lifted completely and wow. ..The Joy!

It seems most people appear to get better and stop coming on the forum. For me I want to be here to help as many people possible. I have had amazing support here.

Anyway enough of me....how about you? How are you doing? How far on the path are you? Love to hear how you are doing. Thank you so much for your lovely response.

God bless xx

• Posted

Thank you, Lorraine. I really hope you have a lovely Christmas. It's a stressful time for some of us, but you are right to say just do the things you want to do. I hope everyone has as good a time as possible xx
  • Posted

Merry Christmas to you too Lorraine & all the many people who have helped me along the way of the Mirt' Road.

It's important to try & stay focused during this holiday period, what is is, pray thanks for what we have, giving as we would like to receive with kindness.

As always, wishing you all well xx

• Posted

Wonderful post ♥

Hope your day has gone well. How far down the mirt road are you? I'm three weeks in and loving it! Six months on cit and no hint of recovery. Then mirtazipine. .followed by joy! God bless xx

• Posted

Hello Lorraine,

Glad you're doing good on Mirt.  Three weeks, early days for you smile  I was on Mirt for a year before starting to taper, tapering since end of September.  So from 15 to 7.5 now ... long slow taper for me.

It was my saviour too at a time of deep distress and major sleep deprevation, so that is why I am taking it nice and slow to withdraw, hoping the rewiring will help with the warnings that insomnia shows its ugly head towards the last wrung of the ladder off Mirt.

So far so good, cannot complain at all with this method od WD. 

Bless you too x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.