Thank you

Posted , 3 users are following.

Thank you, it's nice to have the support!

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi Sharon,

How r u doing? I cannot remember the thread, but if I recall correctly you were going to the ENT, but I could be wrong. In any case let me know how you are and whats up.

Must tell you a funny story, played golf the other morning and at the half way we had breakfast. One of the mates (who thought he was being polite) put some salt on my eggs (I was in the loo). In any case it did taste a bit salty but I was hungry and ate the food, (how stupid) well on the next hole, I was do dizzy, to the extent that I could hardly play. The funnier part is that the other 3 thought I was having a stroke and wanted to rush me off to the ER.

I guess the moral of the story is one should enlighten those around you, they have no clue, don't take chances as in stupidity and claim the bet from your opposition trying to kill you because they cannot beat you.

Have a great day, go well and let me know how u r doing.

• Posted

Hi Clifford

I'm not doing great to be honest, it looks like I may not be in employment for much longer, due to my high levels of sickness (Menieres).

• Posted

Hi Sharon,

I am sorry to hear that, I also lost my job, which is understandable. Not sure where you live, but you should check if MD falls under "debilitating" category in your country. If so there are conditions whereby your employer must follow when retrenching. dismissing an employee, otherwise it is construed as an unfair dismissal.

My employer was great, they paid me a severance of 8 months salary and I can still consult on various issues when they contact me. I also claimed compensation on my dreaded diseases policy and whilst the medical provider turned down the claim, I am in the process of suing them, which would create precedence to our disease.

Go well,

Cliff

• Posted

Hi Cliff

It's so disheartening although it seems to have worked out for you, that's great to hear.

I shall just have to wait and see

Thanks

Sharon

• Posted

Hi Clifford

Heres my funny story ( now it is but not at the time!) I retired a couple of years ago and made myself available for the odd bit of consultancy work, although not really bothered either way,I was contacted by a Spanish group new to the UK and eager to use my intellectual property gained in 35 years of our business, I crashed through a quick basic Spanish learning, just to impress and duly presented myself to the board, halfway through the meeting I started to sweat and then the clock on the wall started to dart around, before I could make my excuses I vomited right across the boardroom table and was to dizzy to walk,they got me back to my hotel and instructed reception to check me every hour after I had explained about Mennieres,I had been free for a couple of years prior to this episode, so your salt had the same impact as my stressful interview!

They still employed me though, ought to think about moving to Spain

• Posted

Hahahaha, great story Peter, cream always rises and you got the job, good on you all the best.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.