Thank you all for all of the well wishes and prayers.

Posted , 8 users are following.

Thanks for all the kind words and prayers. It means so much to have a support system. Like someone said "we never know what we will face on our adventures". I sure never thought that mine would have worked out how it did. I got to come home today and that is truly a blessing. Just wanted to say that I am thinking of all of you and to let you know I am doing fine. My typing isn't going so well right no so I am going to get off of here. Have a lovely night, and bless you all...

5 likes, 26 replies

26 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

May you have many more lovely nights.  Hope the day's aren't too bad either biggrin

i didnt "go" for well over a week - it will settle down when you are off the drugs that take away your ability to type cool remember it well.  Five minutes to text three words !!! X X 

• Posted

Thats about it Sarah five minutes to text three words...hahaha Yeah cut down on the pain meds to see if it would help me any. I will be glad when I can take my Ibuprofin I can't until I am done with the blood thinning injections...4 more days of those to go. Sending hugs...Barb

• Posted

Hi all of you lovely hippies! Certainly am missing all of you. It just hurts me to sit in my computer chair right now so I haven't been on too much. Been trying to read some of your posts and some of you have really been through so very much. I am two weeks post-op today from my second hip replacement. Overall as far as the hip goes it is doing pretty good. My problem was the asperating during surgery and when I did awake several hours later I was on a ventilator. Was the most horrible night. I ended up with aspiration pneumonia and had to go to a rehab for a few days. They wanted me to stay longer but I wanted to go home. I came home last Sunday and have been manageing pretty well. The cough is almost gone but I notice that if I up for very long or try to do very much I get very weak and really shaky. I don't remember this happening last time so am attributing it to the pneumonia. I have been able to get in and out of bed on my own for over a week now (which took me weeks last time), and seem to get up and down pretty well. I am doing my exercises and still waiting for the light at the end of the tunnel where I can walk normal again. Just want to let you all know that I miss you and am wishing you all well...sending healing hugs and prayers....Barb

• Posted

It is lovely to hear from you and to feel that you are getting stronger.

You've been through such a time of it. I've had pneumonia twice (albeit not from aspiration which I understand is far worse), so I understand a little of what you've been through and how scary it is.

It is really good to know that you are rebounding.

Big hugs,

Linda

• Posted

Hey Barb, glad to hear your back, first couple of weeks are kinda rough, just the effect on your whole body of Surgery and anesthesia definitely slows you way down. Not to mention everything you've been through, one day at a time . I'm at day 30 RTHR, been back to work since last week, really tired at first. Just getting away from the crutch trying to use cane, almost there with no apparatus. Gonna go walk the dog, my partner in physical therapy! Dave

• Posted

So glad you made it on honey!  Get your rest and take it slow, you are doing great! sending you much love! Annette
  • Posted

Bless you - take it easy but keep us posted on your progress when you can X X 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.