Thank You Everyone

Posted , 5 users are following.

Can I say a big thank you to everyone who posts here.  It makes a great difference to me.

Such kind supportive people here.  You may not feel good yourself, and yet you come here and let me into your lives and give such great support.  I am sure we are all grateful that kind understsanding people who know how we feel make us feel less alone and despondent.

Thank You

Annebiggrin

2 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Hi Anne, you are just lovely, just wanted to say that, and you and all the people on here, even though i may have disagreed with some, are infact amazing. I hope you have a really great day, all of you and even though i'm not one for Valentines, sod it - i hope everybody has a great Valentines day! Nick smile
    • Posted

Sadly I am an old lady alone so Valentines Day passes me by!!  Not feeling too bright today though, but hey that doesn't matter because we battle on don't we? 

Thanks Nick

• Posted

You're not alone - you got me! Hope that made you smile, yes we battle on, make yourself a tea and break out the cake! smile
    • Posted

could you please tell me how long you took venafaxlane?then how long did it take to wean off of it?
    • Posted

Yes thanks Nick it did make me smile, and yes I did have a cup of tea and piece of cake. 

Bless you for being so kind

• Posted

I took Venlafaxine for 9 years at 150mg daily.  It took me 10 months to wean off and I did not get any withdrawals.  I do know how awful the withdrawals can be as I stopped iut cold turkey once before.  This time did it really slowly to avoid the withdrawals.  You have to taper slowly, not just stop at 37.5mg and think you will be OK.  You will still get withdrawals.

I bought a pill cutter and asked for generic Venlafaxine although I preferred named Effexor.  But only way to taper is by cutting the pills into smaller and smaller doses.  Effexor iutself comes in capsules down to 37.5mg, but pills come in smaller doses.  I then cut the pills until I was taking just a tiny amount each day. 

• Posted

Great post on what can be a difficult day for most of us. Happy Valentines Day to all my friends and remember it isnt just the day for sloppy love, it a day for unconditional love
    • Posted

Well I don't have a partner and live alone, but I have family and a lovely cat called Smudge. 
  • Posted

Hello Anne, your a delight and you reply to lots of posts and are supportitive to other people. Hope you feel better soon. smile
    • Posted

Thank you Elizabeth.  Your posts are wonderfully supportive.  You give such good advice.  You too are a delight. 

Not so bad today thanksconfused

• Posted

Hi Anne that is the purpose of a good depression site isn't it?   We all know what it's like and all help and support each other.  I have often seen you replying to other peoples posts and think you are great and very caring.   Bev xx
    • Posted

Thank you Bev.  So glad to have such lovely people to "talk" to.  Wish we could all meet for a cuppa and a chat.  Lonely here,

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.