Thank you! I am over Shingles

Posted , 4 users are following.

Thank you so much for this forum! I had shingles last Sept. and this forum kept me sane and the only thing that gave me hope. I couldn't even rely on my doctors because they couldn't understand what I was feeling. They even ran batteries of test but nothing came up. When I felt depressed I will read the discussions and I would clearly identify with the symptoms mentioned. I never have thought I would see the end of my chronic fatigue, lightheadedness, and general feeling of malaise but I did. I am back to my old healthy self except for occassional bouts of lightheadedness or feeling of imbalance which could be a vertigo and not related to shingles at all.  All I want to say to all who are currently undergoing shingles is there is hope, be positive and wait it out.  Again, Thank you very much especially to those who took the time to reply.  Sending you all positive vibes. God bless!

2 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Jeannette,

I am happy to hear you have your old self back again! Thank you for letting us know! It will be a major boost to those experiencing the initial symptoms to know you can feel normal again.

Best Wishes

Merry Juliana

• Posted

I'm so happy for you! I could use some good news today. I started the end of October, and am slowly getting better but this PHN is really getting me down. The healing curve is slowing down--mines in my back and chest. Also, I'm still on 1800 mg of Gab and as I slowly taper, the side effects are discouraging. I could use a bright spot telling me that this can/will end.  Enjoy your summer.

• Posted

That is great that you are feeling better.

I just was diagnosed a week ago and am dealing with shingles for about 10 days the second time in my life. I went to a doctor in a walk in clinic left with the feeling this is just nothing worse than a cold. I don't believe he knows anything about shingles. The rash and pain are not too bad, but the fatigue, headaches and mood swings are horrible. Can't keep my eyes open for more than 2 hours. I am using my vacation now to take care of myself.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.