Thank you to All

Posted , 5 users are following.

Today (Tuesday 5th December) is International Volunteer Day.

I think it's important to take a moment and thank each and every one of us for the support and help that we give to others on this forum.

We are all volunteers in our own way, and we should remember that taking a few moments from our day in the hope of helping someone else is really what makes the world go round.

Thank you all.

5 likes, 23 replies

23 Replies

• Posted

You certainly deserve highest accolade! Long and professional replies from you always. Mine are short. Thanks Joanna
    • Posted

Just as important robin, your posts help and encourage and above all, very caring
    • Posted

Every single reply counts Robin and your support to everybody including me has been great .I have not been on the forum so regularly lately due to lots of life's challenges , commitments and a house move pending next week. I would never have got through the recent weeks without the wonderful support and advice I have had on here helping me along my TSM journey. I dread to think what state I might be in right now without this forum, it's been my place of safety particularly this time last year when the journey began. I had never heard of TSM before coming here.So from me it's a huge massive thank you to everybody.It was a exactly a year ago today I began the Sinclair method and I have never looked back 😊

• Posted

Great to hear your success Nat. TSM and campral can work along with determination . Hope move goes ok, one of the heaviest stress situations, so be proud of yourself!
    • Posted

Hi Nattie - good to hear your doing soooo well.  I agree with you Patient is pretty special and a 'safe place' to go when help, understand and advice are much needed.

Belated congratulations on your TSMversary - your life saver.

Ahh yes, life challenges - well what is new lol - BUT, to someone with AUD - well heck, that is a life challenge that takes grim determination to overcome.  And you have smilex

All the best to you this week for your house move - now that is also challenging!!!

Take care hunni.

Gwen x

• Posted

Hi Gwennie how are you lovely lady...glad to be reading you are doing so so well.What ever way we choose with our recovery that steely determination goes a long way in pushing us forward. This time last year things were very different. My house move done now and am with my daughter until I find somewhere else . It was such a stressy time and I would never have got through it with alcohol ruling my emotions and my life . With the naltexone i was able to have one little glass to celebrate ( i dont enjoy the stuff now though ) .All my debts are now paid and the slate is cleaner lol.I now feel I am on another stage if my journey. Such an adventure whoppee ! x
    • Posted

Thanks Vicks, move all done now and a big big sigh of relief.It was a big challenge emotionally as I loved my house but it had to go .I have come through now now but through it I have been in complete denial about Christmas but now have to face the fact that it WILL happen and i better get organised ! As you said Vicks TSM and Campral can both work with that desire and determination to make it happen.They are both great tools and well done you Vicks for sticking with it .It is all so worth it x
    • Posted

Morning Nat - so glad your move went ok.  Another stage in your journey and adventure smile  New happenings for you - enjoy it all.

Have a good Sunday

Gwennie xx

• Posted

Joanna, you are a pretty special person.  You and certain others on here have been invaluable. 

I did not think I could taper like I have.  I had never heard of TSM and my doc threw the idea in the bin when I explained it.  Just referred me and I was not going down that route.  This site makes my doc look useless - I have learned so very much and can leave my doc way way behind on the ramifications of AUD.

I have been watching another site and they use the term we are "Alkies" and to me it is a disgusting word and does nothing to spur you on.

This site is far more sensitive  and non judgemental but stern if needed.

High fives to all on here - a credit to Patient.

Long may it reign.

Take care all and hope we stay in touch.

Gwen

• Posted

Joanna, you are a pretty special person.  You and certain others on here have been invaluable. 

I did not think I could taper like I have.  I had never heard of TSM and my doc threw the idea in the bin when I explained it.  Just referred me and I was not going down that route.  This site makes my doc look useless - I have learned so very much and can leave my doc way way behind on the ramifications of AUD.

I have been watching another site and they use the term we are "Alkies" and to me it is a disgusting word and does nothing to spur you on.

This site is far more sensitive  and non judgemental but stern if needed.

High fives to all on here - a credit to Patient.

Long may it reign.

Take care all and hope we stay in touch.

Gwen

• Posted

Beautifully put Gwen!

I too hate the word ‘alkie’, makes me shudder!

• Posted

Just read this Gwennie as I am catching up at the moment.Alkies such a horrible horrible word .Makes nobody feel good about themselves .I had never heard the term AUD until i came on here last year . AUD is a medical truth that's for certain and the term clearly explains itself doesn't it x

• Posted

Hi nat

i had never head of AUD either until I joined this forum. Being described as an alcoholic or alkie gave me no hope at all.

The vast majority of the medical profession (at least most who I’ve  dealt with), claim it’s a ‘sugar coating’ phrase which gives alcoholics (their word, not mine) an excuse to drink!! By referring to alcoholism as a disease or disorder gives us the green light.

well done with your move, you must be proud of yourself. Yet another example of medication working.

Ive just been out with OH and bought our Christmas booze. Used to be Christmas Eve for years as I’d drink it before Christmas!! Been to several parties and only had a few glasses of wine at each

• Posted

Thanks Vicks and good on you too , it's fantastic you can be so controlled as that. Unfortunately it wouldn't work for me.

I didnt really even want a drink through the moving process although I did have a glass the night before the move .It was a stressful time but so much easier hangover and withdrawel free ! I must say that even following TSM my old way of thinking still creeps in very occasionally and I think (in the anticipation of a drink) that I might just want to carry on. Once I have taken the pill and waited the hour this feeling leaves me and rarely will I manage more than 2 small glasses of wine. The rest of the bottle goes down the sink the next day . I should really take a leaf out of Gwens book and buy the mini bottles now 😋. It just goes to show that for me TSM really is working it's magic, thank goodness .But I do know that now anyway but also know it's not a magic pill on its own x

• Posted

‘It’s fantastic that you can be so controlled’

?I would say that is down to campral. It sort of resets your brain into being normal with alcohol. Don’t get me wrong, sometimes I’d love a bottle of wine when the house is empty, and I do love a brandy coffee! It’s my favourite way of finishing a meal out.

I no longer find it hard to stop drinking once I’ve had a few drinks and quite happily swap to soft drinks. Wine and strong ciders are my tipple. Apart from my brandy coffee, I’ve not touched spirits for ages. Really makes me shudder when I think about how I used to neck a bottle of neat vodka, never bothered with a glass, just swigged it straight from the bottle. 

• Posted

omg Vicks I remember the neat vodka days too , they were a very long time ago but make me wretch to think about it 😣

• Posted

Glad I’m not the only one! Roll back 20+ years. Used to top an empty water bottle with vodka and put it in my handbag. Had swigs throughout the day, but looked like I was drinking water.

Think I’d just throw up now, just thinking about it makes me feel sick. UGH!!

• Posted

😣😣 it's wonderful that it's such a gut wrenching thought now 😉 Yep I too had many tricks up my sleeve with that demonic vodka but I was only fooling myself and apparently not the rest of the world as I thought 😑

• Posted

Snap!!

i drank vodka as I’d heard it doesn’t smell on your breath! Big mistake, of course it does, like all alcohol

Have a good Christmas (whoops, should have said have a good holiday lol!)

My grandson told me off for using the C word they’re not allowed to say it at school as it’s not PC!!! 

• Posted

Well I don't care - Happy Christmas to all my friends on here.  The world has gone bonkers lol lol - stay safe and have a good chillax smile x

• Posted

Hiya Gwen 

I honestly thought he was winding me up haha. Yes agree world gone mad and I have no intention of saying Happy Holidays!!

?Going to see him in his Nativity Play today. Sorry, I meant to say he’s appearing in the schools WINTER STORY!!!

?Hope you too have a happy holiday lol!

• Posted

You crack me up vicks - love watching Nativity - fab memories - enjoy every second smile smile smile x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.