thanking everyone

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi everyone ! 

I don't write on here but read comments every day. I just wanted to let you all know it has helped me so much , just wish I had guts to write something sooner. 

I had a right ankle fusion done back in March this year, cast on 12 weeks, air boot 6 weeks been through ups and downs but very pleased to say I am relatively pain free ,starting driving yesterday and went with hubby to take our dogs on a long walk last night, am one happy teddy ! Hoping to return to work very soon.

thank you all so much reading your comments made me feel I wasn't alone, good luck everyone stay strong x

1 like, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

So happy for you Debbie! Such great news!!! You must be so happy to be driving and taking long walks with your dogs and husband again. Makes you really appreciate something as simple as walking, doesn't it?

• Posted

It sure does patti, I really did think for a long time I wasn't going to be able to do the most simplest of things but now with the help of this site I am looking forward to the future and doing things with the gran children. Reading the forums every day gave me hope and made me realised I wasn't alone. Just wish I would have the confidence to have chatted with people. I really wanted people to know how much good this site does 

• Posted

Hi Debbie.You have already helped me.I am about to have surgery on 25th August for hind foot and mid foot fusion and Achilles' tendon lengthening.Your post has given me a great deal of hope and so I am thanking you.I am so pleased that you are making progress and starting to enjoy normal activities.Regards Nonita

• Posted

Very nice thoughts. Thank you.

These discussions have been helpful for me too.

Karran

• Posted

So glad you are able to do some of the simple things again.. It's great isn't. It is a long path from surgery to this state of recovery. I am very glad for you. Your surgery was not too long after mine and Patti's. It really is nice knowing that you are not going throught all of this alone. Glad you shared a note. Keep getting better day by day.

• Posted

How are you doing Cass? Please give us an update. 
    • Posted

I am doing okay..  I have been doing swimming every evening and working that ankle pretty hard. It aches a little but I think it is improving it all in the long run. My ankle is shrinking a little.  That is a great thing.. I would love to be able to wear some real shoes by winter. I did buy a Bosu ball and I am also working with that a little. And trying to walk more and more.  How about you?? How are you doing?? Hope all is great.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.