Thanks a bunch Antibiotics

Posted , 7 users are following.

You should also know that antibiotic therapy by far a WORSE approach for prostatitis, particularly the non-bacterial type.

That’s right! This prostatitis treatment method, while life-saving for some infections, is horrific for prostatitis even though post-treatment, some people feel better initially. I’ve even seen patients get prostatitis symptoms shortly after the end of the antibiotic course.

And that is frustrating for patients!

Dr George Espinosa

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

There have only ever been 3 randomized, controlled clinical trials assessing antibiotics in the treatment of CP/CPPS. Ciprofloxacin, Levofloxacin and Tetracycline Hydrochloride were tested against placebos. Although some symptom improvement was observed, the studies failed to show any significant statistical improvement from baseline to 6 weeks. (6,7,8)."

From

Antibiotics for Chronic Prostatitis and Chronic Pelvic Pain Syndrome

• Posted

Too many doctors are happy to assume infection whenever a man walks in and says he's got pain 'down there'. An EU Urology consultant stated at the European Public Hearing into the side effects of fluoroquinolones (e.g. Cipro) that in 95% of cases there is no infection present. Pelvic pain has been shown to often be caused by stress (in women this is more often a headache - interesting!).

The study quoted below about ABx being no more effective than placebo was also mentioned at the Hearing and was quoted as evidence in the UK's NICE guidelines underneath the recommendation for doctors to prescribe Cipro or Ofloxacin for 6 weeks (or Trimethoprim if FQs couldn't be taken).

In March 2019 (i.e. since the Hearing), NICE have updated their advice to prevent fluoroquinolones being handed out for 6 weeks for no proven reason (a friend of mine was told it was to "rule out" infection!). Progress is being made slowly but more doctors need to understand that stress is quite often the cause and at least should be ruled out first. So many men have had their lives ruined by fluoroquinolones and other antibiotics when all they had was stress.

Thank you, Dr Espinosa, for hilighting this problem.

• Posted

Miriam, I understand stress and headaches and ones affecting digestion, heart and other major organs but not the tiny hidden away prostate. Did the good doctor give details of why. The other stress conditions come and go but prostatitis can last for months. On two occasions I woke up one morning and realised it had gone.

• Posted

Well, I'm not a man (!) so I only know what I've read or been told! There is a book called a pain in the pelvis which apparently describes how men tend to tense up down there when stress looms. I've seen on this forum and elsewhere that specific exercises and relaxation techniques can do what weeks of antibiotics can't -which is to get rid of non-bacterial prostate pain.

The paper I referred to about ABx being no more effective than placebo is well known (even NICE knew about it) and I can pm you the link (when I find it) if you want. Also a paper about the exercises.

I'm actually confused about who Dr Espinosa is. Ian 30145 started this thread but put the name Dr George Espinosa is at the bottom like a signature - perhaps Ian can explain?

• Posted

I quoted from an article by Espinosa entitled

"To Treat Prostatitis Naturally, First Understand What It Is"

I tried to link to the article but the moderator deleted it

• Posted

Typical - but moderators are essential and I won't hear a word against them. There are rules for this forum and one of them is that you can't post links so it was a fair cop!

It would have helped if you'd said it was a quote because it looked as if YOU were saying that and your real name is George.

How are you getting on? I'll look at Espinosa's article but it sounds like it's saying what I've tried to say here and on your other post. Yes, the pain could be bad news at the end of the day but it could also easily just be something that de-stressing can sort out. The usual doctor approach of throwing serious antibiotics at it right from the start seems just about criminal to me. Your reaction to amoxycillin and your very justified fear of Cipro (read the fluoroquinolone threads on this forum) are proof that this approach is not the best. I understand that if it is Big C then a doctor needs to work fast but 6 weeks of needless antibiotics doesn't seem like a fast or very sensible approach to me. Good luck with it all.

• Posted

I found it under the title understanding prostatitis and how to treat it naturally. Now to read it!

• Posted

I guess the original post by me was a bit confusing. Criminal re doctors throwing serious antibiotics at the issue is exactly right as far as I'm concerned. After taking the wretched Amoxicilin I feel awful; symptoms seem greatly exacerbated - wish I could wind the clock back and not take the toxin. I don't think it is a matter of de-stressing in my case - the physical symptoms are too much. Far as I'm concerned it absolutely is a catastrophe

• Posted

Well here's a case in point - I was prescribed a 6 week course of Amoxicillin for chronic bacterial prostatitis on the basis of a semen sample which allegedly showed "a heavy growth of enterococcus faecilis" - I lasted 1 week; symptoms are now 100 per cent worse - I had made some little progress over the past year; now at least back to square one

I have just received a letter from the urologist in which he notes that "in the absence of white blood cells on microscopy the enterococcus could easily have been a contaminant"

So there was probably no bacterial infection in the first place

If I'd known that I'd never have taken this toxic Amox in the first place - I am feeling very let down and in a very bad place mentally

• Posted

Recommend you start taking probiotics if you aren't already.

• Posted

I've been taking 30 billion units of a high quality one all the way through - whether it will be enough to stop this toxic sh-t making me a lot worse remains to be seen

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.