thanks ladies :)

Posted , 8 users are following.

just wanted to thank all you lovely ladies for all the comments yesterday , i was so down all i did was stay in my pjs crying , think all the emotions of teh last 5 weeks just got too much for me , but today is a new day and i am feeling pretty good smile im downstaits on laptop just now while my amazing hubby is hovering the house.. i dont know what happened last night but i woke up this morning with no throbbing (1st time since op)  and i dont feel like i am as swollen as yesterday, , but im still gonna take things very easy today as i know i still have a whole lot of healing to do , thank you for getting me through my bad days xxx

2 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

That's great news!! One day at a time !! Yes, continue to take it easy and not do to much and keep the resting up.you are still in the recovery period. Blessing to have your husband vacuuming ( hovering)!, my husband still does our house, even at my 20 plus weeks. Have a blessed day!
  • Posted

Glad you are feeling a bit better today. Hope you have turned the corner. Take it easy.
  • Posted

Really pleased you are feeling better today. And thanks for posting it gives us all hope.
  • Posted

We are always here helen. Pleased you're feeling much brighter today xx
  • Posted

Hi Helen, brave girl, I have only had TVT bladder op 4.5 yrs ago and it was very much ok post op, I rested by the book as was told by my surgeon who was very specific that rest is paramount and if I wrecked it like 3 of his past patients there is no second op as you only get one crack at TVT on the bladder for stress incontinence. I put up with it for many years and now I'm so happy. My latest diagnosis is cyctocele prolapse I'm 6 weeks after diagnosis and reading many post op ladies here. I'm distraught depressed and don't know what to do, but I have made another gp appt for 4/4.

since I last posted I have found some info online about the two options I have. One is obviously surgery, I found a consultant up north who I will contact. If I can't get him on NHS I'll have to go private. It seems that from what I've read he is the best and has the skills needed for the job, his surgery is relatively new. So this gives me hope. Can't remember how I found him exactly but glad I did. I'm not sure if he's the only one with a great success rate. 

• Posted

And so glad your feel much better today, this is good to hear :-))) xxx
  • Posted

Glad your feeling better Helen. One day at a time. 😘😘
  • Posted

Hi Helen, what repair didf you have? Got my ant repair in 3 weeks

time.I'm rather nervous now,but after all the wonderful support

from the wonderful ladies I'm feeling upbeat and positive. Healing

Hugs to you.xx

• Posted

hi welshgirl, i had an anterior repair on it own.. i can honestly say dont worry about the operation, on my way to hospital i was even sick i was that stressed out, i was crying n everything, woke up afterwards thinking omg what was i so nervous for lol , of course there have been pains along the way but a couple of paracetamol sorts it out quickly, i think everyone seems to go through an "its failed" stage because we got so paranoid about the prolapse we convice ourselves its still there as a lot of women , me included have mentioned a bump afterwards but i think this is part of teh normal healing process, please keep me updated on ur op xx
    • Posted

Ahh thanks Helen,that's what I'm having repair with stitches. I have a wonderful

Urogynacologist who is the top man in Southampton, so I know I'm in safe

hands hun.I will definatey keep you posted.my date is 18th. I hope

You feel more yourself and back to normal you soon.take care

of your little self and rest up.😘😘😘

• Posted

thank you ladies ,had a good day today, had a wee walk round the shop and just had my bath and got my pjs on , daughter now sleeping so thats me resting for the rest of the evening xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.