Thanks you everyone for your comments. You have confirm...

Posted , 3 users are following.

Thanks you everyone for your comments. You have confirmed what I feared and that I have made the right decision not to take Ramipril. Visiting my doctor recently for a routine smear test she took my blood pressure and decided that 160/90 was too high. Then followed appointments with the nurse, blood pressure was rising. The doctor seemed determined that I should have medication despite me taking steps to try to reduce it. I changed my diet, lost weight but she still wants to prescribe ramipril. I have so far resisted it much to her annoyance. She told me it was to repair any damage to my kidneys and it had no side effects except a dry cough. She said it did not slow down the heart. I now feel very confused and a little scared but hope I can somehow bring the blood pressure down by "natural" means. :D

[i:bfe4cd252b]This message was automatically imported from the original Patient Experience[/i:bfe4cd252b]

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

i am very concerned about ramipril .i have not even started to take it yet because i do not see any benefits . i am a type 2 diabetic with a slightly abnormal kidney function . the doctor took my blood pressure and it was normal but he said that ramipril will protect my kidneys as high BPcan affect them . i told him that i have a BP machine at home and my BP is always normal (i took it just now and its 128/89 ) . he still wanted me to take them . can anyone tell me whats the point .i have decided to drink lots of water instead and cut out salt

[i:d8c40fc3ac]This message was automatically imported from the original Patient Experience[/i:d8c40fc3ac]

• Posted

dont start taking rampril!was on 20mg a day down to 10mg itchy anxiety was way better off befor taking ramipril!take from me im a health nut bike lift weights i worked with road salt driving up blood pressure doc prescribed 20 mg ramipril making me red itchy bigtime anxiety still on 10 mg scared to get off ramiprill but am going to !

[i:9068153369]This message was automatically imported from the original Patient Experience[/i:9068153369]

• Posted

I'm really concerned now - my GP prescribed Ramipril 2.5mg and said that she would be increasing it to 5mg in a month and that the normal doseage is 10mg - reading comments and experiences I already have a cough, diabetes and asthma - I really dont know if the benefits will actually make me feel better or not - I'm not prepared to risk the nausea, constant cough, headaches, hair lose, giddyness, itching, numbness, pains in my chest etc etc .........
  • Posted

[quote:d85e45c4b6=\"T. K.\"]dont start taking rampril!was on 20mg a day down to 10mg itchy anxiety was way better off befor taking ramipril!take from me im a health nut bike lift weights i worked with road salt driving up blood pressure doc prescribed 20 mg ramipril making me red itchy bigtime anxiety still on 10 mg scared to get off ramiprill but am going to !

[i:d85e45c4b6]This message was automatically imported from the original Patient Experience[/i:d85e45c4b6][/quote:d85e45c4b6]

If you read the leaflet that comes with Ramipril, the maximum daily dose for high blood pressure is 10mg per day! How come your doctor is prescribing 20mg?

• Posted

although maximum dosage is 10mg this dosage can be taken twice a day.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.