That 1st moment waking up

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello - this is my 1st forum discussion - ever I think....

I have low mood disorder which in my case is simply a feeling of apprehension or loss but for no particular reason. I manage it with a bit of cipralex, exercise and healthy-ish eating.

One thing I cant seem to scrap is, when I wake up, I feel like the entire world has collapsed itself onto me and my inner world has imploded into oblivion....it only lasts a few minutes and when I get busy with the day, I'm back to a more manageable feeling and try to focus on the good things in life.

does anybody else have this issue?

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi math

welcome ♥

that very much sounds like heightened anxiety. Have you been to your GP about it? I wouldn't leave it as you may find these feelings start becoming unmanageable. You are doing really well shaking it off, but clearly there is a root cause to this condition which needs to be addressed. Can you think of any reasons this is happening to you eg. Problems at work etc.?

Hopefully someone here with more experience in anxiety disorders will respond to you in more detail. Depression and anxiety frequently go hand in hand, so please don't leave things unaddressed.

God bless ♥♥

• Posted

Hi Lorraine - thanks for your reply! Yeah - anxiety would be the best description actually. As soon as I realise I'm awake, the heart goes THUMP.

I have been to the GP but going back this week to assess.

I'm grateful things are OK most of the time but that 1st moment is awful.

Root cause is financial pressures...

• Posted

Hi math

welcome ♥

that very much sounds like heightened anxiety. Have you been to your GP about it? I wouldn't leave it as you may find these feelings start becoming unmanageable. You are doing really well shaking it off, but clearly there is a root cause to this condition which needs to be addressed. Can you think of any reasons this is happening to you eg. Problems at work etc.?

Hopefully someone here with more experience in anxiety disorders will respond to you in more detail. Depression and anxiety frequently go hand in hand, so please don't leave things unaddressed.

God bless ♥♥

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.