That hot flush feeling in the face

Posted , 6 users are following.

Any tips for getting shut if them, takes ages for me, hate it when it develops into the hot sweats.

Neil 

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi, are you on medication at all as it sounds like it could be side effect from this. 
  • Posted

I have this all the time. When do you usually have the flush attacks? I have them everything I go out and about and during excercise. I'm still trying to get a doctor to listen to me to ad they dont think it's serious but it's taking over my life. Best thing is to go to the doctors to get your blood tests some to check everything is ok . Does it happen at any certain time? 
  • Posted

Yes... I have always had a tendancy to feel warmer than everyone else it seems, but now i am unable to do the ironing, eat soup, walk the dog, blow dry my hair or sweep the floor without sweat dripping off my nose! Fed up of it! Embarrassing at work when everyone else is freezing!
  • Posted

Hi Aspinan, could this me a symptom of your anxiety or is it more of a physical thing? If it is the anxiety you need to get to the root of that in order to combat this.
  • Posted

Hi Nell,

I a take menopace, b6, b12, magnesium with calcium and zinc, since taking these I get fewer hot flushes.

What I also find helps is when my face starts heating up I drink cold water and you may laugh at this but I keep a fan in my bag (yes one of the Spanish hand held ones lol) I find it really helps to fan my face with it x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.