THD recovery

Posted , 3 users are following.

I had a THD with mucopexy procedure done less than a week ago for internal grade 3 haemorrhoids that were bleeding.

The procedure went well, with general anaesthesia, and since then the recovery I suppose has been normal. Not a big pain, controlled using the analgesics, antibiotic and Movicol for getting soft BM.

I think the constipation and getting the right BM is the most tricky part on this recovery process.

The problem started today that after a good night and almost no pain I went to the toilet and after my BM I started to feel quite a lot of pain. I've noticed like if a new haemorrhoid has pop out, and different from others, this one is quite hard.

Could be that really a new one? and why is so painful now?

was really so happy with the recovery that this has sent me down completely...

1 like, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

I'm still having problems a year and a half later. It's the worst horror story imaginable. My advice: See a Dr right away.

• Posted

i had the same procedure done on Friday night. the operation was as expected for outpatient and found friday, saturday, and sunday nights i neeeded Tylenol for pain, about two every two to four hours. the only problem i had was sitting for too long i felt a pulling sensation. that was cured by walking around about every couple of hours. today, tuesday, i had my first full bm and it was just fine. i got rid of the plug they inserted on sunday but that was all. no serious pain during any bm. my surprises were that after the operation my butt was deadened for a couple of days, but that came back on sunday. didnt expect my rump to be shaved, but i am a novice to surgery. I was surprised to feel there is no hemmies left when i wipe. i thought my external were external, but they pulled them back in during the procedure so now for the first time in decades i have a smooth wipe. so fat so good, and i would recommend the THD procedure for internal roids. i will updat if things change.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.