The answer after 14 months of pain after total hip replacement and leg length discrepancy

Posted , 7 users are following.

My THR was 14 long months ago. From day one I had a 1" leg discrepancy which my surgeon said I shouldn't notice. Well I most certainly did. I went to all my post OP appointments telling hip my leg gives out, I'm in pain and he blamed it on my back. So long story short, he dismissed all my problems and told me to see my back surgeon, which I did. He ordered all the necessary tests, MRI, nerve conduction test, etc. Nothing indicated that it was coming from my back. I knew I needed a second opinion and knew I wouldn't get one in my area.

Since then I found one. He right away dismissed my leg length discrepancy. I flip flopped between hip and back doctor at that facility . Nothing indicated , yet again that there was anything wrong.

I was still having pain in my hip, that went across my thigh to my knee. my leg would randomly give out. I had a sore spot on my hip at my incision sight that was painful to the touch. I went from a dull ache to throbbing pain. I couldn't walk very far or stand long. I was completely at wits end. I was in more pain now than before surgery. I even went to a foot doctor because my opposite foot was starting to give me problems. I tried heat, ice, rest, massage ....nothing helped. Sleeping was horrible.

FINALLY after trying just about everything, I spoke to a family friend who also had problems after his THR. He told me he also had pain and a leg length discrepancy and that he went to his Chiropractor and he fixed him. I was skeptical . But what did I have to lose? He said the procedure is like hocus pocus . He apparently uses a clicker instead of twisting you into a pretzel to adjust you. So I made and appointment.

I am amazed! I went this past Friday. I NO longer have leg or thigh pain and I'm EVEN ! I walk without a limp and can go up steps without a problem. I no longer have that sore spot on my incision sight and my leg hasn't given out yet! He " clicked" me in four spots. My temple, the base of my skull, my dowagers hump and my tail bone. HE fixed me for $32.OO!!! AFTER 14 months of horrible pain and numerous test and doctors appointments, time and money...... a chiropractor with a metal clicker fixed what they couldn't . To say I am shocked is an understatement . I finally have my life back! It's the best Christmas blessing ever!

If I help just one person with my story, then my job is done.

3 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Thank you for posting your story Audrey as I am sure this will be beneficial to a lot of people.

• Posted

You're welcome! Until you have experienced the pain, you will do anything short of amputation to get any relief! It has been a nightmare since having hip replacement and had wished many times that I never had done it! I honestly haven't felt this good in the last two years!

• Posted

I really don't matter how you got well, I'm happy hear you are well

and if my pain continues I will try your method

GOD bless

• Posted

Thats exactly the reason why I told my story! Believe me, I was totally skeptical when he told me what he did to relieve his pain . I hope you do try it, and please let me know what your results are.

• Posted

I went thru many of the things you mentioned in your post following THR. I do not have all the pain you had after surgery, but I still have a very bad limp.

I guess it's worth the try to see a chiropractor. I went through two hip replacements and back surgery without fear. However, I'm scared to death to see a chiropractor. Not sure why.

Will you have to continue going to the chiropractor for adjustments in the future and are you located in the US or UK?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.