The beginning of something new.

Posted , 5 users are following.

So I posted a while ago about not having anxiety as bad and that it can get better. I just want to give someone out there hope, even if it was one person! My anxiety started in late September, I could almost pinpoint the day.

Getting up and going about my day working was so so hard. I felt like I couldn't breath and began relying on everyone around me to support me and be with me at all times .. my boyfriend was the one who suffered the most at the time.

It's now March and I haven't had a panic attack in a month now. I'm not saying that he anxiety has completely gone because I have days where I relapse and fall back into that hole. But it's never been as bad as what it was.

Unfortunately my relationship came to an end and I thought I'd never get over the constant pain of it. That's over two months ago now.

The dark cloud will vanish. Day by day, take it easy and don't expect overnight results. Today has been my first time back at the gym in 8 months... and I feel I have achieved something.

This anxiety, will not last forever! It is a glitch in your life right now! And it can be beaten. And it WILL be beaten.

And I have to say, all you guys here have been the best support and someone to talk to when I needed it the most..

4 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

God bless you , and I'm happy to.hear you are enjoying life to the fullest again , and I'm happy that you.posted this uplifting message for us , because a lot of us feel lime its no end to this nightmare , me being one of those people , and thank you for this because it means a lot to someone like me who is currently going through a breakup from a relationship that last for 10years , along with battling anxiety , so I needs to hear this , that one I will have my happy life back , with a lot of the stress out of it from being in a toxic relationship.

Thank you very much again !!!

• Posted

If you need a y help, let me know. I will try and give u tips and such if I can! smile the toxic relationships are the worst and make it easy for your anxiety to take over, because you rely on company most of the time. But now that the relationship is over it might get better slowly.. but it will get better :D
  • Posted

Awwwww it's so nice to hear you're doing great now! We are so used to stories about struggling with anxiety n having it beat us over the head every single day. Your post is most welcome and a breath of fresh air.

I can totally identify with you, yesterday and today have been 'normal' for me and I'm SOOO GRATEFUL! I woke up with no pain and I had a normal apetite, no IBS. I even worked out and didn't feel fatigued like I was about to pass out as usual!

I'm planning to start seeing a therapist within another two weeks because I also struggle with depression. My gf left me in the middle of the chaos too and it still hurt like heck! It's only been a month but I believe I'll beat this just like you did.

Just tossing this out there, if there's anyone who lives in the Atlanta area and wanna get together I'd like that. I just moved here and I literally don't know a single soul and could really use some company. I'm also gay so I hope that's cool toosmile

• Posted

That's cool wished I lived in Atlanta , I'm in Philly but I wish we could hang out , lol I'm not gay but I would still loved to be friends with you and hang with someone who understands the struggle if you know what I mean , and yes my boyfriend king of abandoned me during this hard time and that breaks my heart because I've always been there for him through good and bad ups and downs , but I didn't get the same in return !! But if you ever need someone to talk to I'm here PM me anytime
    • Posted

My friend just moved to Philly and wants me to visit so perhaps we could meet if I dosmile
    • Posted

Yes I would love that 🙌🙌, and I pray all your days are great from here on out !!!
  • Posted

Thank you hun! I really needed to hear this and I'm sure prenty of others!! I'm so happy for you and I can't wait till I will be able to post something like this on here. You really encouraged me and others......God bless you!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.