The best thing I ever did

Posted , 10 users are following.

i had my first knee done October 16, 2018 the second one I had done August 6, 2019 I can truly say is the best thing I’ve done as far as my physical health my post knee replacement went very smooth yes i had pain but i didnt need any pain pills after the first week. my rom aftet the first week w eas 0/125!! i had home visits for my first 3 weeks 3 times a week then out patient after that i must say night time was the worst night pains and trying to find my comfort zone this lasted about 3 weeks fast fowarding to today my second tkr is not the same the pain is some what stronger but its getting better every day this go round i can sleep at night comfortably though but knowing from experiencing the first one and knowing the end results the paon is do worth it right now my first knee rom is 0/140 the second on 9 days post tkr is -1/85!! just wanting to share this to let you know its do worth it!! good luck to all

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

I agree I went to the zoo and walked around with no pain from my left knee TKR 2017 but my right did bother me so I am getting it done this winter

Glad to hear a positive out come

• Posted

I agree with you it is worth it, over 20 years since my left knee and 18 for the right. It's two of the best things I have ever done, to be pain free for so long. For those who have just had the op and are wishing they hadn't, don't despair it really does get better. Don't compare your progress with others, it's your recovery and all are different.

• Posted

i had became a prisoner in my own home by me living on the second level, the stairs was my bondage!! just the thought of coming home from work was taking a toll on mentally thinking about climbing those stairs was exhausting. relaxing in the living was out of the question furniture too low so i was confine to the bedroom by my bed sitting high ( im 6'2") after the first tkr my quality of life starting getting back to normal but then my good knee became my bad knee and i immediatly schedule my second tkr im so happy my whole attitude has changed!! and you are so right dont compare your situation to others!! i was doing just that comparing my right knee to my left knee at first thinking something was wrong with my second one but here 10 days out it is much much better!!!

• Posted

has any one tried stem cell instead of tkr

• Posted

I tried stem cell twice but unfortunately wasn't successful. However, other people at the clinic I went to had great success. Some had improvement from day one, but the doctor said it can sometimes take a year for the full effect. I am glad I tried it as I wanted to do every alternative before surgery. If you decide to do it, I hope you are successful.

• Posted

I had a rough go of my 1st, 2/17, as i needed a MUA 8 weeks later. It was worth it. This time 5/23/19, it went well, like yours! Continued good luck. Keep on keeping on!

• Posted

so good to read such positive outcomes

thank you gives me hope

• Posted

Thanks Gayle for you encouragement . It took me a while to make up my mind to do my tkr I did it on July 9th 2019 and I also believe the surgery went well , no complications so far which is great. I also have minimal pain ,my rom is around 110 but my problems is, I will walk a short distance and then my knee got tight, and its difficult to bend, its almost 6 weeks now should ' nt my knees more flexible now I just wondering if any one has that problem or is it just me .

• Posted

my ROM is 1/92!! wednesday it was -1/85!! i went up and down the stairs twice!! now my thigh and hip muscle are sore.so what because it so worth it!!! i also was able to lift my leg!! today was a good day. all days are different never know what to expect

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.