The biggest abdominal mystery....no diagnosis 9 months

Posted , 3 users are following.

Here is a little story, it might be long to read but I am not sure what is wrong with my body.

I traveled to Asia in the end of 2016/December. I woke up with extreme pain in the morning could not go to the bathroom extreme constipation and extreme pain on mid/lower right side. The pain went away after 45 minutes and I felt great and was able to go to the bathroom and empty myself out. Everything was fine! I came back to Canada and I noticed my stools started to become yellow and my stomach burning on the right side and always constant pain on the right side. First thing I thought Yes that is it! Liver! all the drinking and eating fatty foods my liver is done!

I go to the doctor in January 2017, I do all the blood tests evrything comes back normal

Liver Enzymes:

ALP - 106

GGT - 11 (Lower then lab range this is weird! Why low?)

ALT - 34 

AST - 22

Albumin and all that stuff all good!

Only thing showed up is a high TSH 

Anyways I continue to have discomfort on the right side, so I go do a gastroscopy, colonoscopy. and they find H.pylori in my stomach which I treat with triple therapy antibiotics. I feel great for a few months and even gain some weight back! Colon is fine they say!

I have another blood test on April 26/2017

This time  (it seems like ALP going up but other liver enzymes going down!)

ALP - 115

ALT - 21

AST - 18

Okay I continue to get discomfort and my stools change again! so I go get a CAT scan. CAT scan shows nothing but Diverticulosis in my colon now? how is this possible when i had an endoscopy few months ago and there was no diverticulosis strange!

Anyways. I get another blood test and this time liver enzymes are as follows:

ALP - 122 (lab range for this is 129!) getting higher and higer

ALT - 14

AST - 12

GGT = 8!

Liver enzymes super low to right side pain, i lost some weight stop drinking alcohol these are very good numbers for the Liver! GGT comes in super low now at 8? but the ALP keeps climbing?

I still get stomach discomfort weird stools, brown, yellow, green every week it changes I don't know what is wrong with my body i had so many tests done to rule out liver.

3 Ultrasounds.

1 CT scan

1 Endoscopy

1 Gastroscopy

2 KUB X-ray's

6 Blood tests in the past 9 months.

HIV ruled out, HEP A, B, C ruled out. The only thing I have not tested i Vitamin D, also on all blood tests i noticed a slight drop in Ferritin.

I am stumped with this abdominal issues? Maybe SIBO? Maybe a missed IBD like Crohn's or Colitis? What's going on here no doctors can figure this out. 

Should I have HIDA scan? maybe a non functioning gallbladder I feel like I have yellow stools for days and then boom my bile gets dumped all at once and have really dark brown stools and go back to yellow back and forth.(I do get some right shoulder discomfort and slight discomfort between shoulder blades barley noticeable)

Any thoughts anyone such a long story

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

A high TSH should be investigated in case you have an underactive thyroid which causes weight gain.your TSH should be as low as posdible.  Pain between shoulder blades csn be linked to gallbladder trouble if you have rightsided pain.
    • Posted

Can you have gallbladder issues with no gallbladder pain? I only had two extreme pain episodes on right side. mid section, at this time there is very minimal pain.
    • Posted

I would have thought if your gallbladder is not functioning properly you would have pain and pther stomach disturbances.
    • Posted

Yes but you would be feeling sickly especially aftrr fatty foods.

maybe try a good nutritionist now ....here in UK they can do other tests aswell as giving supplements.

xx 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.