the boo hoo's...

Posted , 10 users are following.

Hello ladies..need that reassurance again....woke up this am and had all plans to go out get my coffee and pick up a few things at the store...well lo and behold..my hormones were not on board...ugh!!! I sat in the parking lot of the supermarket felt uneasy..called hubby and cried like I have never cried before! I ended up driving home sobbing the whole way..so bad that I was wondering if a passerby saw me they would have been overly concerned..I felt sick to my stomach. All my de-escalating tactics just would not work.  I hate that you can do so good for periods of time then WHAM! It doesn't help that I am beginning my final semester of Nursing school and doing my Pysch rotation too. Can anyone share these same moments??? So I don't feel like a loser! It doesn't help I guess that I have had very light bleeding since January 8th...I am so glad I have this board to get advice!! 

0 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

Hello lisa you are definitely not a loser. I know most of us on this forum will identify with you. Sometimes I would gry and never thought I would stop! And often in the most populated places ie shops. I know you'll get some good advice here. And good luck with your nursing. Sending lots of hugs
    • Posted

Thank you Matron!!! the support here helps a great deal!!

• Posted

Hi Lisa 

no your not a loser, be kind to yourself, put it down to a bad day, and start tomorrow with positive thoughts, i have had these days too..

Not all days are like it, its a blip, an over emotional / hormonal day.. 

Jay x

• Posted

You are not a loser- this happens to many of us. Had a bout of this most recently-very frustrating. I was getting ready to attend a wake of a very dear friend and while it was sad to lose our friend, the hormones had been a bit flaky in the days leading up to it and I knew it. I came unglued prior to leaving the house, actually told my (can't believe he's still with me at times!) husband to go on without me. Oh please. After a good cry and his coaxing, I went, but honestly Lisa- there are times I don't leave the house. I have to remind myself, this will pass, but like you, when you are in the throws of one of these low swings, we do tend to berate ourselves, which is so wrong. 

I agree, when we are feeling good, hard to believe we get into those other funks. Sorry you went through a bout, but it passes and you are not a loser whatsoever!

Sending you BIG HUGS! This will pass!-promise!

Annie xxxx

• Posted

Thanks so much Annie - I can't wait to be all past this! Somedays I wish I was a man..lol! My husband too has been very understanding and was trying so hard to talk me down when I was sobbing away. You are all the best and thanks so much for this- it helps so much to know that we are all going through this and I am so forever grateful for this sounding board!! 
  • Posted

Hey there - as the ladies stated and I am on board - you definitely are not a loser, it's this peri/menopausal state that we sometimes get in and tricks our thinking, along with other things.  You got out of the house, made a huge effort and for that you are one strong lady!  Hang in there, crying is okay it's just plentiful for us sometimes.   Deep breaths, listen to some music you enjoy, whatever it takes to get you through - tomorrow is another day and you will have strong days and days with moments like this.  Me too!  wink   positive vibes to you! x
  • Posted

Lisa just seen this, no way are you a loser, your just a woman become victim of  menapause, im going through this right now and im post menapausal. dont want to go out to even places that are nice, can only cope with visiting people if im with hubby, wake up feeling anxious every morning and its getting me down, so your not alone

Sue

• Posted

Thanks susan!! your support means a great deal and we will get through this ...there will be better days!
    • Posted

Hi Lisa yes we will and yes there will be better days to come for sure.

• Posted

Hi Lisa

This is how I have been feeling too. There are days I'm fine then there are days I just cry and cry and scream because I'm so on edge. Isn't this ever going to stop all these mood swings and the crying and screaming

• Posted

Hi Lisa - you sound like a winner to me! Coping with Nursing School can't be easy at this time of change - well done to you!

Yes, the mood swings can be so sudden and very frightening. Give yourself a big hug and a pat on the back too for all the hard work you're doing on your course.

The future will be better, once this peri loopiness is out the way.

Take care.

• Posted

No-one's a loser in our Forum!!

On a daily basis we have all sorts of cr*p to deal with, and that cr*p doesn't take into consideration whether we're Peri/menopausal or not!

You sound like you have enough stress to be dealing with at the mo, with your Nursing.

Let's put it this way, you will see unwell people on your next rotation. I'm going to see my mentally ill, eldest sister this morning. Not looking forward to it as we, her 3 sisters can see/hear her declining state, but she can't. Looks very much like I'll be dealing with her GP & Psycho Support Team as I now realise we can only help her by getting her the right help. Its been a very long 13+yrs dealing with her needs, but she's alone and can't seem to help herself.

Before I plucked up courage to go to my GP to discuss my Peri symptoms, I felt like you: tearful (and believe me, that's just not me) highly strung, sensitive. My wake up call was being prescribed SSRIs to 'trial'. They're becoming a big part of treating Peri in the UK.

With my sister's cocktail of anti-psychotic drugs and their side effects, I was bought down to earth with a bump. She defo needs these meds, but I don't! I've probably only cried once at Xmas (missing parents and in-lawssad) but I don't feel tearful any more. Angry/impatient/intolerant/ irritated = Yes, but not tearful.

I believe HRT can help a little: probably by king us less things to stress over when other symptoms are taken care of?? But I'll be getting me some, that's fore sure. Can't be a Martyr to this curse.

Maybe have a chat with your colleagues as a first action. Without knowing you might be feeling a little anxious about your work. Next, go see your GP. I know SSRIs are not for me, but I know they really help other.

Or, would the possibility of HRT be for you??

Chill out kid. We're all in this together and remember: this doesn't go on forever, things will change. Its just now, unlike our mums/nans, there are meds out there to help us though this rotten curse!

Cheer up Sweet x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.