The burning is awful

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi I have had LS for many years. Always been a it of a problem with itching and skin she. In the last two weeks The surrounding skin burns all the time especially when I go to pee so much that my eyes water. The only relief I get is taking paracetamol. Its not cystitis. I wonder if it could be infection. Problem getting appointment with doctor so your help would be greatly appreciated.

2 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I'm so sorry that you are in such pain. I have experience that too. My OBGYN prescribed Clobetasol Propionate to address LS burning and itching. But the key for me is to avoid a few food items. I cannot have spinach or chocolate. There are surely others, but I must not eat them, because I have never had a reaction to anything else. I have had such a bad response to chocolate that my vulval skin was sloughing off, exposing the raw tissue underneath. That's when I discovered that Clobetasol Propionate ointment burns open wounds like a blowtorch. I have switched to the cream.

• Posted

its really strange that I read your post this morning as i am just having a dose of LS and wondered if it was the Kefir yogurt I have started eating a lot of. i have been free of LS for a long time and are thoroughly depressed at its return. i had no idea food could bring it on but reading your post made me think about it. I shall have a regime of Clob and leave off the Kefir and hope for the best.

• Posted

Are you using a barrier cream before peeing or using a peri bottle while peeing, this can stop the urine hitting the delicate skin. You can buy strips to test for infections, I think multistix but you may have to google a bit to get it. You can take oregano oil capsules to help fight infection while your waiting on drs appt.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.