The contraceptive pill

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi can I ask if it is dangerous to be on the contraceptive pill for too long and if you are taking it can it make you feel tired and unenergetic....I'm wondering if my dizzyness etc could be due to the side effects of taking the pill??..................

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I have a doctors appointment soon but It worries me how I have lost so much energy in such a short space of time..........The walks I used to take now tire me out so much that I feel like im going to faint........................................
  • Posted

Hi

there are so many conditions with fatigue as a symptom. 

Diabeties

Anaemia 

etc etc 

your gp is going to take blood and start ruling out the obvious. 

Contraceptive pills have long term side effects but long term is 15 -20 years .

if you smoke and are on the pill your risks are higher . Risk of stroke etc ....

let your gp give you a overhaul could be just a matter of anaemia and taking some iron tablets etc .....

• Posted

I am not on any contraceptives so I can't say, you need to go check with your dr. Good luck
  • Posted

I think that it can really vary. You could try changing pill? Some people do just respond poorly to them? Some women can find that they lead to health improvements though, and we really have no idea why.
  • Posted

I decided to stop taking it because I was getting worried about how tired I was becoming not that they didn't do the job properly.
  • Posted

hello orange i dont know about the pill side of things but when i have a flare up of cfs i feel sick and dizzy and loose my ballance and concentration and my legs really hurt and i know the longer you leave it to get out and about the harder it becomes. I tell myself every day never give up x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.