The cure for heroin addiction

Posted , 21 users are following.

I didnt know where i could share my expierience and make people aware that there is a possible cure to heroin addiction. So i figured i would write a forum and let people find my discussion. About 2 months ago I was put into the hospitol for 2 weeks so i could be treated for a bacteria infection in my blood. While i was in the hospitol. The doctors put me on 10 mgs of methadone every 12 hrs. When i was released from the hospitol. I went and got my prescription and within 6hrs i took 150mgs and overdosed. I was rushed to the hospitol and while in the hospitols care. I was put into a drug induced coma and put on a narcon drip. I spent 2 days in the coma before they woke me up. Ever since the coma. I have zero urges to use. What i believe after doing some research on the internet. I believe that the coma fixed my brain chemistry. Reset it per say. I use to believe the saying. Once an addict. Always an addict. NOT true. I know that many people arent going to believe me and are going to say. yeah right. Its only been 2 months. Chances are your going to relapse again. Not true. Drugs actually repulse me now like cigarette smoke repulses an ex smoker. My brain is making connectios that it hasnt made in years. My iq has gone up. My emotions are stable. I have control over my emotions. My social anxiety has completly disapeared. My self esteem and confidence is higher then it has ever been. I no longer think about getting high. Its like i have woken up from a bad dream and the hang cuffs have been taken off me. I feel free for the first time in 14 years. My point of this discussion is to inform other people that there are other options besides the methadone clinic or getting on suboxone. I truely believe that i have been cured and im going to continue to share my expierence with the world till the day i die.

8 likes, 20 replies

20 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

God bless you redfish, I know you've been through hell. I read your whole article and I can tell that you're someone who has a lot of depth. People who have been in dark places usually are the most kindest and humbled people. I hope you continue to share your story of love and cure around for all days to come! Praise it!

• Posted

It's some story. But that's all it'll remain.

Cutting an extremely long story short, i was an Alcoholic. Finally managed to get free of it. Now my body rejects alcohol. And i was NEVER on antabuse or anything. Today i can go into pubs and drink. Lately i had a water. It was clearly used in a glass that was used for vodka. Nearly got sick.

I still have other addictions, i wish! Body would reject them some day too

• Posted

Hi my name is Shiloh. I am 37 years old and have been addicted to opiates for the majority of my adult life. I am a father of four, stepfather of two, one ex-wife, and at the end of a horrifically failing second marriage. It would be easy to blame all of my failings on addiction, but the truth is my addiction has been my savior from the ultimate act of self destruction on more occasions than I care to count. It gives me the dull and watered down illusion of control over my feelings that inspired the backward written tatoo on my chest... "If today seems like a good day to die, tomorrow may be even better" I read this whenever I look into the mirror. For me it has only two possible interpretations, and heroin gives me the illusion of strength to go on and see if tomorrow really is the better day...

All that said...

I would give anything to be free from my savior. I refuse to die numb and watered down. I wish i could have one day free from it all and find out for certain if I have the courage to live, or have the courage to die.

• Posted

Perfect Redfishsteven. appreciate to you. may be with this step you can save many life. Thanks for sharing your thought.
  • Posted

Did you use heroin for chronic pain? If so, how are you dealing with it?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.