The Dark side of Effexor

Posted , 5 users are following.

So I started taking Effexor a couple of months after my last baby was born I had lots of Anxiety,and crying spells I stayed on the Effexor because it made me feel good my Anxiety was gone anyway 6 years later I am know on day 26 Free of the Evil Effexor ,I had being through Hell all the withdrawal symptoms everyone has the Anxiety crawling every hour the body shaking the brain moving so slow,I am definitely doing much better than week  2 but still is awful I just want to know for How Much Longer is this stuff will last It feels like is never going to end .I just want to cry .

0 likes, 20 replies

20 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Betsy I was an ignorant I had no idea of what was to come so it was Bad but I never thought it was the Klonopin I thought it was just the Effexor Now I understand it was both ,I think I am on the other side now but it has being such a battle If I was you I will take it slowly but just remember the longer you stay in the Effexor the worst is to come out of it ,unless you don't work and have no major commitments then I guess you can go on a faster pace they gave me Zolof to counter from the Effexor I had being on it for 1 month and a half tomorrow I will ask the doctor if I can come out of it soon and HOW? I am done taking this medicines they really mess with you in the long term The anxiety is getting better but I being doing a lot of meditation and Yoga that is helping Good Luck ,stay strong and you will Do it.
    • Posted

It is nice to have the support of others who know the depths you fall going off these medications!  Had I to do it all over again, I would have never taken that first Prozac that led me to 19 years on ADs!  No doctor ever questioned should I still be on the meds; they just kept refilling the scripts.  And I had no clue.  Now I have to do the work I should have done all those years ago.  Love meditation, mindfulness, etc. 

Thankfully, I don't have a lot of demands on me, am self employed and have a very supportive husband, so getting off these meds is my primary job.  Regardless, insomnia and anxiety are what I fear the most.  I never had general anxiety before withdrawal.  I will probably try a 20% cut of mirt, and if it becomes too tough, go back up 10%.  I'd really like to get off that one due to the weight gain!  I will take the Effexor taper good and slow this time, since I'd been on it 12 years.

Good luck with your recovery!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.