The Depressive Feeling

Posted , 3 users are following.

That sinking feeling of unhappiness, fear & withdrawal that never goes away.  Is this a psychological feeling from living with depression & anxiety for so long OR is it due to strictly the depression & one's brain without the ability to find a medication to stop it.

No suffering from anxiety attacks, but a "constant" anxiety where you feel it in your chest & stomach.  Sure you can take some ativan if it becomes really bad but it still does not alleviate that sick hollow feeling.

Every movement or decision is an effort.  You can either sit and dwell on everything OR you can make that decision to move & achieve something (however so small).

Sharing your story is fine and some people may give you hope and understanding.  But, after awhile they will walk away and you are left with your terrible plight, Depression.  It is difficult to watch others go about their business of their jobs, families, etc.  They are lucky.

It is a black hole Depression coupled with anxiety.  The only key is the right medication to unlock the sadness!

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Nancy,

My name's Elly, I'm 28 years old and I have been living with what you have described from as little and young as I can remember. So what you have written has really resonated with me...

My page keeps reloading so I will give my response below.

Sending you never ending love, positive energy and healing from little old me in Australia smile

• Posted

I am yet to figure it out for myself but so far I have come to the realisation and understanding that it's probably a bit of both and although everyone and every case is different, all pain is relative.

For me, medication helped me get through the really hard and what felt like impossible times.

I've had a really rough childhood and life. A very dysfunctional family (Which is still very dysfunctional). I was kidnapped about three years ago and that was a massive ordeal. I was declared missing on a national level and the SWAT team was involved in my rescue. In fact they saved my life. After that, the love of my life (so I thought) attempted and came so very close to suicide. I was the one who found him half dead two days later....I've had a really hard, twisted and painful life but I will never ever give up. I won't let it take the best of me because quite simply, I don't want to kill myself.

There are days where I feel as hopeless as you do about my life and people but I just keep going. Some days are better than others.

It really helps having one or two very close people around you can rely and talk to. This site has helped me heaps. I know at the end of the day it's just words and you are still left alone to deal with it all, but so many of us are fighting the same battle. We can't give up because we all need each other for support love and to share wisdom.

• Posted

Sometimes medications aren't the answer. I have taken medication for years but I find myself on them when the going gets so tough I am incapable of getting out of bed and functioning even at the bare minimum for days on end...

Sometimes medications have made recovery worse or prolonged it. I try to balance it up and sometimes change it around. But a healthy and stable diet and sleep/wake cycle is staple and crucially important for optimal functionality.

I hope we can keep in touch. Message me if you'd like my email. I could talk about mental health for hours. Together on this site we can really make a difference to people's lives.

Thank you for sharing. I'm sorry you are suffering and in pain.

Much love!

• Posted

I'm sorry about my reply being all over the place and not making much sense. I don't know what's going on with my internet or possibly the site, but it keeps reloading and I couldn't tell you the amount of replies I've lost over the last few days... It has been very frustrating to say the least. Especially when you write something you're pretty happy with that's important for the other person to know and it just vanishes on you and you have to start again :p

• Posted

I really agree I have had a difficult time for to long now , but I just keep going got to I feel , like you say some days are better than others and sometimes when the only advise people can give is to be positive sometimes it's not possible , but I have started to except things what have happened in my life and I realise how j deal with it helps me the most but some days it's crap but one thing I Am happy about now is that I am aware still hard though take care

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.