the doc changed my tablets after 20 years and put me on mirtazapine

Posted , 2 users are following.

I was on diazopine for 20 years because of depress then the doc took me of and give me mirtazapine .ive been on them for over 3 weeks I'm sleeping ok but find I dont feel rite during the day ive no energy and just feel weired does anyone no how long I would have to take them before I start feeling better I'm thinking of going back to the docs I go on holiday soon but not looking forward to it at the minute 

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Hiya dave iv been on these for ten years and did me brilleant at first but now i dont feel like that they doing me any good now waiting to get assesed again if i was you i would go back and ask for something else cause these are very hard to come of good luck and have a good holiday liz
    • Posted

I dont no why my doc took me of dozopin I had been ok for over 20 years at the minute I wish they had just let me stay on them I go away on monday so not much time to get sorted but thank you anyway and ill try 
  • Posted

Hi Dave I've been on Mirtazapine for 4yrs I am now comeing off them as I feel there one tablet less and I think your body gets used to them in time.I am really struggling even though I'm tapering off real slow.But I'll get there.I also take Diazapam .Id go back to your GP and discuss something else.
    • Posted

I'm going to try to get an appointment tomorrow if possible when they took me of dozipin it took about 6 weeks so maybe I came of them to quick but its the way the doc told me to do it sometimes you dont no wat to do for the best but I'll get there hope you get sorted as well
  • Posted

Dave one doctor tells you one thing then another tells you something else,I think at the end of the day your best off using your own judgement .I also can never understand why they take you off one tablet that suits you for another.Anyway don't worry and have a nice holiday.
    • Posted

I no what you meen with doctors its hard enough getting an appointment to start with but your rite I think sometimes you need to do what you think best. I'm just going to london for five days and thanks I'll try 
  • Posted

Good luck Dave and big HUG.
    • Posted

went to docs she's doubled my mg to 30 and said to give it a month so hopefully this will help I'll just have to try and se how I go 
    • Posted

All I can say Dave is I hope it works out for you but if you feel it don't ,do not hesitate to stop taking it ,when you next see your GP 
    • Posted

thank you for your input and I will give them a month to se how I go once again thanks

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.