The doc thinks I have CFS!!

Posted , 5 users are following.

I have been feeling unusually tired for quite a few months now, I was told I was anemic and pumped full of iron tablets but as I wasnt feeling any better went back to the doctors and had lots more blood tests. Thankfully they all came back clear but the doctors thinks im suffering with CFS.......Im 31 and a mum and this is the last thing I expected. I used to be up for an all nighter in a club, dashing around all weekend with my child and generally having lots of fun. In the last year things have really changed....especially this year since I can hardly concentrate at work, start a sentance and cannot finish it, fall asleep every afternoon for at least 2hrs then find myself back in bed by 8pm and sleeping for another 9-10 hours....I have never slept so much in my life. I'm off work at the moment but want to go back to work but have to drastically reduce my hours.....if work can accomodate this of course otherwise im gonna have to stop working. Maybe if I had listened to my body and slowed down at work I wouldn't have got so ill....does anyone else feel like this as its all new to me???

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi there

Your symptoms sound very familiar, I'm sorry to say. If you have time to read through some of the postings on this forum you will find that the problems you are describing are frequently mentioned by regular contributors.

At present there is no actual diagnostic test for CFS/ME - a diagnosis is made on a number of symptoms that have been present for at least six months or so. CFS/ME is often triggered by a viral infection - but not always.

Hopefully, you will receive good support from your GP - although there is no real treatment other than learning to cope with the illness and learning how to pace yourself. Some Health Authorities have ME clinics but not all.

You will find this forum very supportive and helpful - as we are all sufferers of a varying degree and we understand and sympathise how miserable and frustrating this illness can be. Hopefully your CFS will only be of a short duration.

Keep in touch and let us know how you are progressing.

Katiesmile

• Posted

Hi Bird.

Sorry to hear of your illness sad

I too was diagnosed a few weeks ago by my GP as having CFS. Like you I was struggling on at work feeling very tired when i woke up. I worked 3 days a week and took another job for the other 2 days and i was blaming that, like you i have a young family and i'm also a wife.

Mines started with body aches for 3-4 weeks and then my joints became very swollen for 5 days and now i just have joint pains.

I am finding it difficult to pace myself, i was doing well at beginning of week thinking i was getting over it but boy has it hit me today.

I've only been lunching with friends but went a trip with my Hubby today with his work, walked a little and had a nice lunch, now i am exhausted :x

I know now that even being out of the house for a few hours is enough to set me back. The only day I spent in the house since Sunday id Tuesday.

It's hard knowing how much or how little you can do.

It's very frustrating when you are used to being active.

What i would give to be back at work! never thought i would say that.

To top it all I feel i have a urine infection :cry: Have to keep running upstairs to toilet when i just want to rest.

I have taken a great deal of support from this forum, so as Katie said take a look at some of the posts, hope this helps.

Teedie x

• Posted

Hi Bird

I am like Teedie and newly diagnosed. Like her I am having problems with pacing myself. :roll:

I dont feel as if I am doing too much but I am soooo tired :zzz:

My other main problem is a constant sore throat. I sound like a demented seal keep clearing my throat :yuk:

Anyway, I have found this forum enormously helpful, hope you do too :P

Dale xxx

• Posted

Hi Everyone

I am also 31, 2 kids a hubbie and probably the worst person on this forum to give advice about pacing yourslef! Like you I am a real social creature and onnce of a day up til late hours too! :diva: Not anymore :zzz:

Like you I suffer from mild swelling in my joint - esp ankles. I also have GREAT difficulties with my thought and speech process too. I am in full-time work too but i truly understand what you mean when you feel exhausted. Today I collected my son from school with a sickness bug and laid with him bed - Yeah 4 hour later I rose from my pit! :?

I have some great support from my family who try very hard to understand this illness but I believe you can only truly understand what its like if you live with it yourself! Here on this forum we are all in the same boat and paddling together!

Donna x

Keep in touch and as for the sore throat that is a sign of doing too much! I have had one all week sad

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.