The doctor said the pain I'm feeling is in my head .

Posted , 5 users are following.

hi ive had pain in my back , neac, sholders ,knees , elboes , feel dizzy somtimes have trubble peeing , consterpation and diarea , i have been feeling like this for over 2.5 monthes now the problem is he jumped to the first conclushon its angsiaty i know its not that because i wake up like a crumpled up mess ,and i have had angsiaty for years this pain is real why wont anyone beleve me

0 likes, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Posted

unfortunately anxiety causes a lot of the symptoms you've listed its not a silent illness anxiety is real and wreaks havoc on your gut.

• Posted

i know i have had angsiaty for years and belive me im no novice to the syimptoms , but this is so diffrent it feels like my body hates me lol i calnt even get down and play games with my 3 year old anymore i am laid in bed now and my hip and kneack are killing what is that all about

• Posted

Did he do any test or was he using the old 8-ball where you shake it to see what it says..most likely..not possible...it's in your head?

Maybe I am too old and you don't remember the magic 8-ball that could fore tell the future.

But I know how you feel. Sometimes you have to ignore them..keep going to different doctors until you get someone who tries.

I found trying nothing never works for me is what I tell the doc's when they ignore me.

All I can recommend is if your on any meds stop them and see if it improves.

I also suffer anxiety attacks and it is crippling. I spend most of my time living in a bed.

When I have bleeding ulcers. I have all your symptoms too.

Also I do NOT like SSRI's.

Keep going to the E.R. and your private Dr.. Sometimes it takes years for the problem to be so severe they find it.

• Posted

thankyou for replying and yes i remember the magic 8 ball lol , i have a3 year old daughter and try to hide my pain as much as possible , all my famley agree with the dock its horible , they have done all the blood tests under the son so i calnt fault them for that , but ive seen a few docs and they all say diffrent things ive got to go for a coloscapy on the 11th as the dock i saw first said my cervix looked a bit red and lumpy and she origanaly said its all conectid , so as you can tell i just think maby i am imagining things

• Posted

Hi Natty7

You don't mention how old you are. Have you tried doing mild exercising and swimming for your pain. Also, you may have Irritable Bowel Syndrome. What is your diet like? do you eat healthily. Has your doctor prescribed any medication for your pain?

I am asking how old you are because you may have fibromyalgia or even arthritis.....

• Posted

hi im 35 im not over weight and the pain seems to get excrusiatingley worse when im on my period the simptoms of fibromyalgia are exactley how i feel ive told my doctor this but he said its all in my mind im just a hypocondreact sorry about the spelling im tired all the time i somtimes think one day i will be curled up in a ball and not be able to move

• Posted

Hi Natty7

It sounds as if you have a very unsympathetic doctor. You say you have had a number if blood tests did these include iron, ferratin and B12.. When i had low levels of B12 and iron i had extreme anxiety, pain and unbelievable tiredness. Can you check if you have had these tests, if your in UK you can request a copy of your blood results under the 'Freedom of Information Act'. Has your doctor not suggested treatment for your anxiety?

Do you take multivits, iron and B12 supplements, if not i would try them as you may be deficient....give them a go for about a month or so and see if there is any change in your symptoms....

• Posted

i take sertraline 200 mg a day thyroxine and 10 mg of amatriptaline for sleep i also go to cbt i have had angsiaty for years and kindove know the symtoms they have done my blood count , cheacked for cicelcell sorry about the spelling chrons diabites , but i have to go for a colscapy next tuesday aswell i have felt like this for nearley 3 monthes now today i feel really bad the pain in my back is radeating to my stomach as well as the other pains im just sick of the pain

• Posted

Hi Natty7

You are being treated then for your anxiety with Sertraline, also with Amytriptyline that helps with sleep and pain.

These meds should be helping you with your symptoms. Try and relax and keep calm until you have the colonoscopy and wait for the results and take it from there.

There are no blood tests for Fibromyalgia doctor can only go by where the pain is situated. If it is Fibromyalgia the Amytriptyline should be helping. A friend of mine takes Amytriptyline for Fibromyalgia and it really helps her with the pain.....

• Posted

Sometimes doctors do a FM/A blood test to look for fibromyalgia but the test is not all that accurate.

• Posted

Hi pippa

The only blood tests for inflammatory pain is ESR and CRP blood tests for Polymyalgia Rheumatica and Rheumatoid factor.

Fibromyalgia is not an inflammatory condition therefore blood tests do not show it. It can usually only be diagosed as to where the pain is located there are certain locations on the body where fibromyalgia pain is according to my doctor...

• Posted

I have also heard that fibromyalgia is difficult to diagnose because some days patients have no pain but on others they have extreme pain.

• Posted

ive had my caloscapy on my cervix and there were red bits and it blead when she touched it i went to the docs for the pain in my body and they took some more blood tests a full blood count and another for inflamation ive got to go next week for the results oh and i am calm i have to be for my 3 year old daughter she keeps asking why we have to go to the docs or hospital all the time she even pretends to be a doctor

• Posted

Sorry to hear Natty!! Can we go back to when we thought it was all just in your head?

One hand glad they are finding the problem, but fear the end result.

Will keep both fingers crossed they can lower the inflammation. Hang in there..the battle is just beginning. Don't give up. They can cure just about everything nowadays.

• Posted

Anxiety can cause inflammation in your body which can show up as pain or other symptoms; this is how your body responds to anxiety.The pain and other symptoms are very real. I developed IBS after six months of intense anxiety. My doctor asked me if I had had any recent stress. When I told him about the extreme stress and anxiety I had gone through, he diagnosed me with stress related IBS.I know this diagnosis to be correct, because my IBS always flares up with the slightest amount of anxiety.

I am not saying you have IBS, I am only demonstrating to you how anxiety can produce very real symptoms in your body. If you have had anxiety for years, this can put a cumulative strain on your body and cause these ill effects to happen over time. See a different doctor and ask for tests to rule out causes.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.