The doctors won't help me!

Posted , 4 users are following.

Over the past 10 months or so, my periods have been really odd resulting in me missing a few and then sometimes it will be extremely light or extremely heavy no inbetween. I've been to the doctors about 3 or 4 time within this 10 month and I've told them everything but they just tell me to wait for my period or that it's normal. But I know it's not normal, because it's making me very poorly for example when I miss a period I will bloat and I will start getting migraines and being sick a lot. This month I missed my period and about 4 days ago It started but it was only 1 blob so I've been wearing tampons and everytime I remove the tampon it is clear? Has anybody else had this or can anybody advise me what to do with it as the doctors are just refusing to cooperate

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Nicole I’m sorry that I don’t have any answers at all, but if only to reassure you that you are not alone.  Honestly I could have written your blog, every single thing you have written is the same for me. I will be very interested to follow this discussion xx
  • Posted

It sounds exactly like my period when I was younger. I was diagnosed with polycystic ovarian syndrome when I was in my 20s. Ask to have a hormone test, but only if you are not on the pill. If you are on the pill, come off it for a couple of months, then have a hormone blood test. I also had an ultrasound to look at my ovaries.
  • Posted

A healthy diet and regular exercise are both SO important. 

But sometimes it goes beyond that. I’m very healthy but I have PCOS, so my periods go wacky sometimes. Have you been to a gynecologist? 

• Posted

I am always getting exersize due to working in a warehouse and I eat home made food every night, nothing in my diet or my routine has changed apart from my periods sad

I haven't been to a gynocologist, I will look into finding myself one

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.