The Dreaded Constipation

Posted , 10 users are following.

Well we all talk about it and suffer with it especially after copious amounts of codeine.

So after swallowing Lactalose and Prune Juice to no avail I have discovered Slimma teabags available from Holland& Barrett in the UK. Give them a go they have a pleasant taste and they work  - yippe!!! To any newbies joining this is one of the most common complaints that we have.

3 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Oh Polly, the constipation was the worse pain for me, in fact it was the worst bit of the initial 2 week period but boy, did I scream with relief when I went!
    • Posted

Well thanks to everyone for their help. My physio yesterday said that 80 percent of patients suffer from codeine effects in this way.  I had the opposite effect before I went into hospital because of nerves!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.