The end is in sight!

Posted , 7 users are following.

Appointment with the surgeon coming shortly to get booked in to get my rectum removed and thus get rid of the proctitis! I already had by entire colon removed! Having a flare up the steroids, Infliximab and many other drugs weren't even touching!

Getting the stoma back...but way more important than that is I'll get my life back!!!

No more uber urgent trips to the toilet...not more 15+ movements a day and no more ring of fire!

I'll be back in control.... šŸ‘

0 likes, 35 replies

35 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi ...yes ur life will b ultimately more pleasant ...I have ileostomy from May 2015 after 26 yrs of uc and what a difference it has made to my life ..the small inconvenience of bag is nothing compared to life with uc. U will not know urself. Good luck for the surgery MJĀ 
    • Posted

Thanks,

I'm looking forward to it! Feel a big weight of my shoulders and that my life can re-start.

• Posted

Have you seen the site that starts stomawise, good for explaining things simply. It explains rectal tissue removed during pouch formation.Ā 

Hope everything goes well for you.Ā 

Sheila

• Posted

I'll have a look...

Suffering tonight...spent it in the bath, burning is an understatement!

Bile salts malabsorbtion may be showing itself, but for me the burning only started since infliximab

Many thanks Sheila.

• Posted

The internet is perfect for find more information...looking forward to Fridays appointment and getting this sorted and put to bedĀ smile
  • Posted

Good luck for friday, & don't forget to bring up being tested for bile acid malabsorption (bam)... its a quick scan seven days apart to see if positive or negative. nothing to lose by being tested. i only got it diagnosed by someone on here suggesting it as a possibility, & being put on meds for it changed my life.... all the best Jon.
    • Posted

I'll definitely ask the question...it has become an issue since the infliximab, but no harm in testing...it may help or make a difference.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.