The fear of SCA ( Sudden Cardiac Arrest ) controling my life still.

Posted , 6 users are following.

Why does this irrational fear have to exist? I keep on asking myself this over and over. This fear controls my life, it owns me. No matter where I am at now, or what I am doing, I still feel like my heart could stop at any moment. The doctors say that my heart is healthy. They have done a 30 day monitor, echocardiogram,ekg,ecg, CAT scan, and countless blood tests. I am so scared now. They say my heart is healthy but I still am worried about it constantly. They say that there is no need for a stress test, but why do I keep on having ches pain? I am sure they have mised something and no one believes me anymore. Not even my parents. They have put it to just Anxiety now, and I am afraid of dying at any moment. I can't deal with this anymore. I am only 14 year olds, and I can't find peace anywhere I go. I now currently have all 0 percents in my classes because I just can't go to school anymore. Someone, please, I am going insane. Why did this fear come out of the blue? Why now? I want to live my normal life again and I am depserate to escape this endless loop of hell.

1 like, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

I've been fine latley all of a suffer aniexty starting to come on I don't no why I feel like I could stop breathing heart racing don't no what to do feeling.  I'm trying walk round house so I don't panic but doesn't seem to go and the past few days uve suffered bad heartburn I don't no why thou.  I feel my heart will stop
    • Posted

I feel the same thing. If you haven't had tests done with your heart though, arrange them first just to be safe. If you feel something bad will come on and you haven't been tested for some kind of heart problem then don't be afraid to take safety precautions. ( That is if you haven't been tested for anything. )
    • Posted

Not meaning to worry you or anything, it is just to be safe. Your symptons are like mine, and the doctors say my heart is fine. So don't worry yourself and get tested.
  • Posted

Unfortunately our fears feed the monster and your symptoms become very real although instead of being causedby a serious illness they're causedby our anxiety 
  • Posted

I’ve suffered with the same thing! I was totally fine until about a year ago. I’ve always had a predisposition to worry, but it never started consuming my life until recently. Similar to what what has been posted, I’ve been to different doctors numerous times and all the tests and exams and everything has come back normal. It seemed like no matter how much evidence I had to the contrary, I still honestly believed I could die of cardiac arrest at any moment. But, it’s possible to not fear cardiac arrest anymore! Please get the help you need whether if it’s therapy or medication or both, just do your homework and make sure you’re comfortable with your treatment plan. Something that really helped me was getting it in my brain that I have no control over my death just like I had no control over my birth. For me, Jesus is the only One who has control over that so worrying about it was of no benefit to me, and I might as well live the best life possible. It didn’t happen for me overnight and it was a hard-fought battle, but please know it is possible to let this go and have an even better life than before this happened.
  • Posted

Hey , actually I too have been suffering from this fear ? How have you been doing ? Btw I am 17 yr old.
  • Posted

hey ive been feeling this like crazy, fearing my hearts gonna stop out of nowhere and constantly making sure im somewhere where someone will see me or be able to hear me, whats worst is its been branching out now to my mum, im constantly turning off my music or trying ti listen if shes still breathing at night, constantly texting her to make sure she responds. how do you deal with fear of SCA. if you have

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.