The Fears of High Blood Pressure

Posted , 7 users are following.

Ok, I started on this BP issue in the early 2000's and then had susbscribed to a foundation who did a lot of research on BP, cholesterol and much more.

I saved 2 eye and mind opening articles on the High Blood Pressure fears that MILLIONS deal with and end up on drugs that have many many side effects.....

These articles mention Homeopathy and also acupuncture to control the so called high blood pressure....I throw in meditation and MAGNESIUM, which is also mentioned as well and potassium....many of these HBP drugs rob us of potassium.

I wish I could post these articles here but since we are not permitted, send me a PM and I'll forward them on to you and you can find them on line....

1 like, 36 replies

36 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I do hope it all settles for you. The trouble is you never know what you are embarking on with a lot of these drugs, I have spent the last thirty years with the pharmaceutical industry mainly in launching new drugs.  It is very different when you find you are actually having to take them. I saw them from the point of view of marketing!!
    • Posted

Ah that marketing, a big industry that drug industry...that's WHY I work so long and hard with the supplements as I believe far far less damage than those hard core drugs......and so many of the supplements are food based which foods any day are better than synthetics from a lab....

As I said before every other tv ad in the U.S. is about drugs = marketing..... J

• Posted

The drugs we work with are all prescription, a large percentage for hypertension, they cannot be advertised on TV in UK.
    • Posted

I once had a massage therapist who was from the UK and she was very into holistic healing so we had a nice commonality...she was the one who told me about the no drug ads on tv in the UK...our drug industry spend billions on advertising and don't forget we have 300million+ population vs the UK 56million some.  Such different countries the old england and new england.  And then there is the wild wild west of California where I've lived for 50 yrs from the new england part of the U.S.   Calif is a very progressive state and I fit in very very well...free speech, freedom seekers...open minds galore....It's not perfect, what is?   But a lot of free thinkers....J
    • Posted

I worked for a US company with their head office near San Francisco. I used to travel the world but am gkad I don't need to any more. Great when you are young!! 
    • Posted

Goodness me, I've got a lot of catching up to do!!

Talking of marketing, the drugs that they are pushing in the UK, ar statins and VitD with calcium.  And because of my history, I have both t-shirts!  I was on statins for a few years and stopped when I developed severe muscle pains.  It was only later on, that I realised that the statins had been causing all sorts of strange side effects, like falling over.  If I leaned too far forward,  I just toppled over.  I am glad that that has stopped.  And the VitD + calcium, our GP's surgery sent out letters to appropriate patients, suggesting that they needed these supplements.  The letters were actually from the drug company and apparently endorsed by the GP.  I spoke to my GP about it and took half the dose recommended by the drug company.  After about a month,  I felt really 'odd', I can't put a finger on it, so I stopped them.

I don't like taking drugs and take as few as possible.  When I first started with symptoms of MMP,  I tried coping but took Prednisolone in desperation and the same with MTX,  I wouldn't take it if I could deal with my condition in any other way.

• Posted

I agree absolutely about statins, my father went on them and developed neurological problems, a known side effect, he could hardly hold a spoon. It took me two years fighting with various doctors for him to stop them. In the end he had a new GP who said she would give him a two week trial. He changed out of all recognition, he had turned into a sort of zombie and suddenly he was the life and soul of the party and would not stop talking, we threaten him that we will put him back on steroids if he gets too noisy!! 

I hate taking drugs too, I have never even taken paracetamol. Today a friend informed me she has shingles and we were together the other day, I have left a message for the GP but have heard nothing.

• Posted

Oh it's pathetic what these drugs do and I know this is WHY I embarked on the alternative  healing journey 25 yrs ago......I wised up in my early 50's after a trip to the ER for a stomach ulcer from a pharma drug....
  • Posted

Hi, I am unable to determine how to send a private message. I would love to see those articles. I just found out my BP is around 137 - 140/80-84, and have lived in fear and stress over the last several months, which is not helping I imagine. I would also love to find out what natural alternatives there are, as I do not want to begin taking meds. Thank you!
  • Posted

If u believe in alternative treatments, especially Bach Flower Remedies, then the remedy named MIMULUS, will help u in reducing the under lying symptoms namely fear of high BP, and most of the cases this works well to reduce BP.
    • Posted

Good call!  Definitely try and look into healthy and alternative ways to treat HBP.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.