The flu!

Posted , 3 users are following.

OK guys I need some help!!! Does the flu make your heart rate higher??? Mine has been in the 90s all day and of course it doesn't help I have anxiety and it scares me so much!!! Plus blurred vision and dizziness!

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I've come down with the flu today, as an anxious person also I find being ill generally does make me worry. As a result, my heart rate goes up. I've had a higher than normal heart rate today too, but it could be that my body's working overtime to get rid of the virus. A heart rate in the 90s is no massive cause for concern anyway.
    • Posted

Yeah I do, really heavy headed and dizzy. I woke up at 3:30am last night burning up. I'm just taking paracetamol to get my temperature down, drinking plenty of water and vitamin drinks. Try not to keep yourself too warm, even if you feel cold it's usually to do with your body temperature.
  • Posted

I hooe you feel better soon! Hang in there. Yes the flu will trigger it all and younfeel like poop without anxiety. Many medications for the flu also speed uo the heart rate ginger tea, chamomile tea, basil.buy fresh holy basil chop it uo half a cuo and eat, drink it in tea..it will calm you a bit. No one feels good with the flu! Best to rest only and lots of liquids..flush it thriugh yiur bpdy. Sambucol elderberry syrup is a fantastic product to aid killing the flu in yiur bidy. 
  • Posted

Several things...dehydration makes your hear beat faster, as lower blood volume means it has to pump faster to get blood there. With the flu you dehydrate, due to fever and some medications. Drink tons of water and watch that heart rate slow down. Also, try not to cover up and get hot.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.