The food I eat will not digest! Especially rice and meat!

Posted , 6 users are following.

I have no idea what is wrong with me. been to the general doctor and pills not working. i spend a great time in bed feeling the entire digestive process.i get full very fast, I can eat very little, i cannot digest rice, very hard to digest all meats, i can feel the entire digestive process in my stomach turning.the first few hours after i eat i am fine. i have to vomit out my food when the pain is too much. my stomach makes these crazy bubbling or boiling sounds. i get a sick feeling around food. my stool is still regular. i am not constipated. digestive enzymes kill the pain and help with the digestive process. its like food refuses to digest. im stuck with smoothies, soups, crackers, apple juice, water, tuna and turkey subway.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

These sound to me like classic symptoms of a condition called Gastroparesis. 3 weeks ago, I was diagnosed with Gastroparesis after having the exact same symptoms as you. Go back to your Doctor and mention Gastroparesis to him. with your symptoms, I'm surprised that he didn't think of Gastroparesis himself. Look it up online. There is lots of information on the condition. Gastroparesis is where the stomach and intestines slow right down and sometimes stop completely. Making food hard to digest. The muscles around the stomach and digestive tract don't contract to push the food though the digestive system so food can remain in the stomach for days afterwards. As I mentioned, I'm newly diagnosed with it so I'm pretty much in the same boat as you. I hope this is helpful to you. Your Doctor should be able to arrange tests to diagnose you. Maybe it's not Gastroparesis but certainly sounds like it to me.

Regards

Dale

• Posted

Hi sade98598

Keep a food diary and inly eat what your digestive system is ok with. Have you always had this problem or is it recent? You may have gluten or lactose intolerances and other intolerances such as wheat. Try eating foods that are free from these ingredients. See how it goes for a few weeks. If the problem remains after cutting them out go to your doctor for tests...

• Posted

Maybe low stomach acid? Apple cider vinegar can help. A little bit in a cup of water before meals.

• Posted

Simply take lemon. Squeeze 1 lemon in a glass of water. Take it 20 minutes before your meal. The rationale is that lemon has the same pH as the hydrochloric acid which is pH 2. This pH 2 acid is responsible for digesting food. An acidic environment of your stomach while you eat will convert pepsinogen into pepsin, p*epsin is the enzyme that digest protein such as meat. *With that, it is advisable not to drink a glass of water while you are eating so you are not diluting the acid in your stomach.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.