The Gym

Posted , 3 users are following.

I never understood the concept when my Doctor told me that exercise would be good for Fibromyalgia.

I figured any MORE strain on my muscles would no doubt cause more pain, buring and ache.

Well, since pain medication has not been working and there is so much research on Fibro and exercise..and all the research says exercise helps Fibro...I joined a GYM to give it a try.

I have only been to the gym 2x....I am doing low weight lifting on low resitance equipment (machines vs. lifting free weights).

I went yesterday...and i did not have the same burning, aching pain in my shoulders and hips last night....and this morning I do not have those symptoms.

I believe exercise is really going to help my symptoms and I wanted to share this in case there are other "doubters" out there.

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I did try to do some exercises at home more aimed at muscle tightening but after a few weeks I had to stop I was exhausted but I have a two year old son to run round after and a house to run so I think it was just too much I'm going to try again when my son starts nursery x

• Posted

I get this..when I had kids I really didn't have time either.

The goal you set is good and something to look forward too smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.