The Merry-Go-Round of the PIP Claim

Posted , 4 users are following.

Last week, I requested up to date medical evidence concerning the recent diagnosis of Fibromyalgia, from my GP, who has informed me this morning that this request has to come from the DWP.

So I contacted the DWP who stated it is the assessor who has to request medical evidence of support, so I telephoned IAS to be told the request has to come from the DWP to the assessor, (IAS, ATOS). So I telephoned the DWP again to be told the onus is on the claimant to provide medical evidence, as it is to support the claimant!

Surely this should provide the evidence of the truth, not supporting 'one side or another'? The GP is not allowed to charge for these letters now to the patient?

Very conflicting messages and me stuck in the middle!

To ‘add insult to injury’, at a hospital consultancy this morning, the consultant told me that he is not allowed to provide a letter supporting my conditions for the DWP. (We are not allowed to get involved” he said).

Finally to access MY medical records I need to fill in a form and access them “On Line”. 'I have set the wheels in motion' but everything seems geared to obstructing the claimant, and takes so long! with the DWP 'throwing' time limits at me throughout.

In one morning the DWP gave me 3 conflicting date-limits, I am not giving up no matter what happens, 'Daniel Blake come back, all is forgiven'

I knew it was up to the claimant to request medical evidence but had never thought it was not to simply get to the truth, never thought of it as solely benefiting the claimant, I hoped it is proving that from what we are suffering does restrict every day living, such as coping generally because of weakness, pain, walking, lifting etc. etc. but now the medical people seen tired of this support? Is this a new 'stumbling block' for us to face?

0 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

There is a charge but you can request a copy of all your medical notes from the GP surgery which is what I did.

They do not have to know why you want them, you are entitled to have them.

Of course DWP will tell you not to pay for them and they will access the notes.

I think the truth is they rarely bother to access them.

Sarah

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.