The Mind

Posted , 9 users are following.

Hi girls does any of you have the menopause constant on the mind I find that every time I stop doing things its there..when I wake up I'm thinking about it,I try to keep busy with house work watching TV going on the Internet and so forth likes it constant reminder what your going through..maybe if you are not having the hot flashes and Anxiety you wouldn't be thinking about it, not easy blocking it completely out.

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Yes, maria76995 - just like you and Gail Annie, it's like a huge black cloud I can hardly see through!! I take heart from all the people here who say it will pass...eventually. Hope you are okay x

• Posted

I started having same problems the first week of September. Dr. Prescribed clonazepam but i guess it takes time for the full effect.  I pray to God the bioHRT I’m using takes the symptoms away soon.    Have any of you ladies used bioHRT and had good results?
  • Posted

I find I'm always thinking about IT when I'm having symptoms, and when I'm not having symptoms, I'm wondering what next month will bring, hoping IT won't be any worse.

I'm hyper-tuned to my body now because I feel like my body and I are strangers all of a sudden.

• Posted

You know Maria, I've read these posts and thought about your question. When I went into menopause, I never thought about it.  My "symptoms" were so NOT the norm, that I never correlated them with menopause.  I never had hot flashes or night sweats, and other things like vaginal atrophy and dryness developed slowly.  

But now that I am trying HRT it seems to be all I think about day in and day out.  I just want to get back to feeling normal.  

• Posted

Gailannie, how long have you been on HRT?  Have you noticed any difference since you started using it?  Thus  far, I have not. 
    • Posted

Gina, I am sadly admitting that I have been "trying" HRT for two years now.  I have yet to find the right fit and feel.  But yes, I can certainly feel the effects.  I just wish I liked them all.  

But the vaginal atrophy and dryness makes me willing to try.  Otherwise my sex life and vaginal health is simply gone.  

• Posted

Hummmm, loaded question Gina.  Initially, I was given vaginal Estrace for dryness and atrophy.  I would get a cold chill and slight momentary dizziness whenever I put it in, so I didn't like it and used it infrequently.  But a year later, the dryness was worse, so I was dedicated to using it regularly.  Which I did for September 2014.  Within two weeks it was like someone had breathed life back into me.  I was laying on the sofa when their feeling hit.  All  of a sudden I felt great, had energy, my sense of humor returned, sleeping like a champ, everything! And I thought I looked great!  Then my scalp started itching and my hair started falling out.  I was told by a dermatologist to stop using it.

So yes, initially it certainly did help with depression.  And trust me, I was plenty depressed as I was caring for my father who was dying of Alzheimer's.  So I had plenty of reason for depression.  That's why it seemed so odd that all of a sudden I felt great!  That wasn't exactly the time I would have expected to feel so good and happy.  

But sense that time, I have tried all kinds of HRT and never got that "bump" of good feelings again.   

• Posted

I have absolutely no idea why my answer came up "waiting to be moderated".  Hope they get it up soon, cause there's nothing I said that should be "moderated".  

That's the one thing they need to change!  Sharing experiences is always a good thing.  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.