The month after HFM-adult

Posted , 42 users are following.

I am 29 yr old healthy female and got this awful virus a month ago.

started with two days of terrible fever ,chills,  and sore throat. Day 3 :Blisters appeared on hands and feet. Two nights of no sleep due to extreme discomfort (feeling like hands were lit on fire) the whole time.  My only relief was sandwiching hands between a large ice pack and occasionally soaking hands and feet in Epsom salt water.The doctor basically said there was nothing to do, but wait. Fabulous. She prescribed lidocaine for my hands, which I never got the RX filled. 

It gets better. I started to get these nasty tiny sores and discoloration by my nose that wouldn't go away from days 4-8. They just looked nasty. I was using diluted hydrogen peroxide mouth rinse twice a day to avoid canker sores.  I had two canker sores on side of tongue that I would hit with direct hydrogen peroxide on a Q tip twice a day. This seemed to help. Gargling salt water kept sore throat at bay. I just kept taking Tylenol, but it didn't help a whole lot. I also started using organic virgin coconut oil on hands and feet at night.minread it has anti viral properties, but don't take my word for this.  It seemed to soothe the blisters a little.

The thing that helped most on day 4 was doing a 30 minute healing meditation twice a day. Calmed my nerves and then the healing process started kicking in. I really do think my body was too stressed out to know how to repair. I had a burn on my wrist from days before the virus and during the first 4 days it was infected. Almost like my body was attacking everything. The meditation seemed to start healing the burn by day 5 as well.

I had to bandage my hands after day 10 when I returned to work. Lots of people,masked questions, I said I burned my hands. rolleyes

I delt with  flaky and peeling hands for two weeks after and calloused feet. Skin on toes all started to peel off. Now a month later my entire skin of heel is dead and starting to peel off in large pieces. It's gross and pretty ridiculous. I want to let it peel by itself but have had to gently pumice and peel some of the areas. Just trying to keep it clean. One of my finger nails is slightly white by cuticle and I'm terrified it will fall off.

this is a very nasty thing to catch and I have no idea how I even got it. I wish there was a vaccine for it.

2 likes, 49 replies

49 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I am a 54 yof going through this now! Severe headache on 1/06/19, followed by sore throat and rash on palms of hands and soles of feet. Severe pain followed by severe itchiness, then numbness as my top layers of skin on hands and feet hardened. Hands started peeling a couple weeks after that. Feet after that. Today is 2/16/19, and my hands are STILL peeling with my heels and toes starting to peel in big strips. When will this end? I have no social life because of this!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.