The musings of an odd person

Posted , 5 users are following.

This was written some considerable time before diagnosis but sums up how I felt at the time.

Restoration

The roof needs attention, the loft space is damp

My head looks fine, the brain vandalised by fog

The walls have cracks the paint is peeling

My skin looks fine, underneath a thousand insects crawl

The building leans subsiding slightly

I teeter swaying this way and that

The house feels cold, empty, unkempt

wires dangling free unconnected

Do  I feel cold or hot,  I am undecided

Nerves interrupted, pulsating incorrect messages

Twisted floorboards,

Contorted muscles,

Uncanny resemblance

Brought back by caring builders, never as good as new but designed for today

Brought back by the caring profession, never as good as before but as good as can be.

We both enjoy being loved.

4 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I think a poet is born... maybe that's God' pupose for your illness? I mean to make stop?
    • Posted

I was asked to take part in a survey of people with undiagnosed conditions and I got rather tongue tied and could not get across how I was feeling so wrote it down during one of those sleepless nights.  You know how it is the fog descends and one can't even remember our own name!  It helps me get the point across that I have some thoughts just can't always verbalise them.
    • Posted

Sound quite poetic. Continue letting it out. Pain, sorrow love and awe are the raw material of great poetry. There a poem by deceased Brazilian poet Vinicius de Moras that says: 

" Just like a cloud can only happens if it rains

So a Poet's only grand if he's in pain."  (my translation)

There's an official translation of this in to English, quite beautiful but very different from the original in Portuguese. 

You can find it on YouT as i'm nothing without you - astrud gilberto & james last. 

Have a glorious night of dreamy poetry (don't forget to write it down, remember, publcation, royalties...biggrin). 

• Posted

Deal!

Now make it to write some hot "50 Poems of Fibro" or "50 Dreams so Fribro"... or...well.. anything that can make us earn a lot of money.

I bet fibro would B no +.

cheesygrin

• Posted

I love that, I wish I could put into words how I feel xx
  • Posted

Hi Maggers;  You really are very good with your words....and as others say...even if you are not quite convinced....you really are vey Poetic, and the words really do describe how we all feel....keep us smiling with your poetry..........Bron
  • Posted

Fabulous metaphor for our condition. I definitely feel like a creeky house today.

Cheers

Meg

😒

• Posted

Hope you are feeling better today.
    • Posted

So far so good, so thank you. Hope you had a better day at work?

Gentle Hugs

Meg

🌺

• Posted

Got some holiday leave - been resting mostly to recharge batteries. Had a good physio session yesterday - life is goodish!
    • Posted

Enjoy and relax, you deserve the best.
    • Posted

Thanks. Awful to think that I need to use my valuable holiday leave to recharge my batteries instead of being out and about having fun. Still at least I should be thankful I can still work and I still have a job in this climate.
    • Posted

So true, the world is at a strange place at present. The whole situation of poor Greece is not helping.
    • Posted

Hi you two;   you've got my brain really foggy...........maggers to meg and meg to maggers........keep turning my brain.....Bron

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.