The need to wee more,

Posted , 3 users are following.

**hi I am looking to hear from people that have tried bladder tens machine, or anything else that helps with the erge to want to wee more , I am 58, thank you

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi,have you seen a doctor about this ?Its urge incontinence and very common with women in your age group and above, and for all sorts of reasons.Do you have any sort of prolapse?

Physiotherapy is often the first treatment if no prolapse is present. Pelvic floor exercises and training to ignore that constant feeling of wanting to pee.

• Posted

I went on a program called PTNS.Dont know what a tens machine is.PTNS IS Like acupuncture. It will explain everything. It stimulates the nerves going to the bladder. I went for 6 weeks and then went on maintenance.I met other people who were having this done and it didnt help them.It has helped me a lot. Look it up on the intenet. Its expensive but some imsurances pick it up. Good luck

• Posted

Have just been reading a reliable report on the use of a bladder tens machine for over active bladder. It states that it seems to benefit about 50% of people who use it but it has to be used for a long time to maintain any benefit.

Anne Maries comments may be helpful to you. PTNS is different to tens treatment. Its direct stimulation of a nerve in the ankle which transmits to the bladder nerves. Cant be done at home ..its a hospital treatment.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.