The new forum layout is horrible, isn't it?

Posted , 7 users are following.

Far too white. Only post titles to look at on the front page.

It might look aesthetically more pleasing but it's not how a forum should look like.

Am I right or am I right?

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Absolutely agree, Alex.

I think it looks pretty awful. 1/10 in my opinion.

Oh, and putting adverts (or Dr written articles on liver damage or whatever) inbetween posts looks pretty bad, too. I think of when I was first searching for help with my problem. If I could turn back the clock, then this site is definitely NOT one that I would believe is offering quality advice and help. For example, as I write this, I have an advert showing for coats!!!! Really, Patient? C'mon. It kills me to see this site go down so much over the past couple of years.

It doesn't give the impression of professionalism at all.

As many of you know, I operate my own site for alcohol misuse, and I don't care what it costs to run the site out of my own pocket, I will never, EVER click that button that allows paid-for adverts on my site. It just makes the site look unprofessional.

I loved the Patient forum and always did. But a while ago, there was some changes in ownership, and from them on, it's been downhill ever since. I am very, very thankful for what the Patient forum has done in terms of helping people on this forum find evidence-based treatment for alcohol misuse instead of the old, traditional AA approach, but I really think we are seeing the beginning of the end for this forum..... 😦

And that is very, very sad.

• Posted

Ironically, as I posted this, the advert now shows as luxury breaks on Eurstar for£169!

Let's imagine..... I am new to the forum. I am desperately searching for help with my drink problem. My family is falling apart. My job is on a knife-edge. We are about to lose out home, our savings, everything. My health is failing.....

Do you really think I give a two-hoots that I can travel in style on Eurostar for £169 per person???

This website has sold out and lost its way. It is no longer what it was intended to be.

And if I get banned for saying this, then tough. I helped as many as I could help, and I can do no more.

What a very, very sad state of affairs........ 😦 😦

• Posted

Totally agree with Alex and Joanna. Unprofessional. Proof is that nobody is replying or making new post. No activity or 2 or 3 days is crazy. I started 4 years ago and there were new discussions every day, one or several new ones and now silence. The layout and design is ludicrous!Robin

• Posted

And I am fed up with seeing coats as well. I don't blooming need one. Take them away.

G.

• Posted

Seeing as my post was deleted, I'll have another go.

There are plenty of forums that have a simple design and don't cost much to run. But they still place functionality ahead of looking nice.

Having said that, perhaps forums are rather old-fashioned and are in a general state of decline.

• Posted

You can get rid of all the adverts.....

......for £2.99 a month.

• Posted

yes its horrible! Not even looked for days as thought it was just me. Glad to see i'm not alone

• Posted

Hi vickylou, none of us regulars like the layout. Terrible. Not inspiring at all. Nobody active here anymore. Lowest level of activity for the 5 years i have been here 😣Robin

• Posted

yep Robin, same here. I will keep checking in from time to time. totally agree with joanna that if i was looking for help like we all did, then all these 'pop ups' would frighten me off big time!

Stay well, soon be 6 years sober for you. brilliant and enjoy your twins

• Posted

Thanks VickyLou. Working morning only and home by 1240 mon to thurs biking andfootball all afternoon. Friday never works..today inflatAble bouncy castle in swimmingpool! Pancakes with cheese just now..r u havi g time with your grandchildren? Robi

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.