The O Shot VS MonaLisa Touch laser therapy

Posted , 5 users are following.

I am a 31 yr old female. I seemed to have a weak bladde even before I birthed my three children and it’s gotten worse after each birth. I have extreme stress urinary Incontinence and I’m just getting so tired of dealing with it! Tired of not being able to play and jump and run with my kids. Being caught off gaird by a sneeze, cough or even clearing my throat! I asked my doctor about options. She gave me a variety from the simplist to surgery. What I’m wondering is if anyone on here has tried and can give me their opinion on either the O Shot or the MonaLisa Touch laser?? 

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Not tried the above options for inconvenience. What helped me was medication. Ask your doctor to try the medications available if that is a option.
  • Posted

Not tried either but I think both are more for treating vaginal problems and not so much incontinence. Especially extreme stress incontinence.

I had a TVT fitted 4 years ago for Stress incontinence and it was one of the best decisions I ever made. Followed up by instructions on Pelvic floor exercises.

Are you in UK?

• Posted

Can you tell me what a TVT is? I’m just barely starting out in trying to find a solution so all is new to me! 

I know that the other options help wi H vaginal issues but was told my my provider as well as in the information I found online that it helps with  incontinence  as well? 

I am in the USA 

• Posted

A sling tension free tape placed thru operation. Google tvt for stress incontenence .

diagrams and explinations. 

Sorry your our having to cope with this I'm very glad to hear your doing research on this understand what options available. See your urinologist for evaluation and if you are a candidate for the sergical option for tvt. 

Good Luck 

• Posted

There are different options to cure it, I know there are also oxybutynin injection (last for few months), PTNS (Percutaneous Tibial Nerve Stimulation), acupuncture,...

If your main problem is just a weak bladder what you should try first is to make it stronger with Kegel exercises and/or specific pelvic floor electrostimulation devices, this is the common first step. TVT scares me, too many surgeries went wrong or had too long convalescence or last only for short time.

I always had weak bladder, two births made everything really worse for me too and I'm few years older than you so I can totally relate  I tried different remedies that helped a little but never fixed everything, not yet the O Shot or the MonaLisa Touch laser. In meantime just don't limit your life, wear the right absorbent protections that let you play with your kids and all that, it's fundamental to reduce its impact and related stress.

Please update me if you find something that works, we're in this together!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.