The outcome!

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello ladies..well i had my ufe on the 28th of October. ..pain was no joke! ..i really believe u should stay 3 days ...well i came home first 3 days were painful..fever..excruciating pain..vomiting. .but i know this was because the fibroids were dying...the pain has now totally disappeared just a little sore..no more fever..still cant eat anything heavy it comes back up..now the good part ladies i hadn't slept on my stomach for years due to the large fibroids..I can now!....I've been able to sleep all night which i couldn't do at first because one of the fibroids literally smashed my bladder so i was going up to over 10xa night ..which was also affecting my boyfriend's sleep..haven't had any sharp rectum pains or leg pains from the multiple fibroids pressing on my rectum and other nerves and ive lost a whopping 13pds!!!!I drank nothing but water ...ate soup..rested took probiotics....at first i second guessed why i did it but there is pain in recovery. ...everyone's body is different. ..but today i feel so much better ..i know its kinda early as you can have great days and then bad days..but to not feel those hard lumps in my stomach ..which people kept asking if i was pregnant. .no more frequent urination...or leg or rectum pains had a period but it was light with crippling cramps..i cried and thanked God because people don't understand how fibroids were ruining and running my life...hopefully i can come off the iron tabs

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

I meant no more crippling cramps
  • Posted

Am very happy for you and can assure you of better things to come. I'm 6months down the line since my UFE and my stomach is completely flat. I had about 6fibroids with the largest being about 6cm large.

During your periods you'll be passing out sometimes chunks of the fibroids coz it takes about 6 months for them to completely die. You will also experience some lower back pain during which I would take strong pain killers to help with. You may still get heavy bleding for the first few months. My periods are so much lighter now and I can't believe that I can use one 7pack pads for 3days when before I would use 3 double packs (as in 14x3) for the same 3 days. No more anaemia too, nails and hair growing pretty ok.

All the best in your recovery dear.

• Posted

Thank you lilian ..i did pass something that looked like shredded meat. ..am having a lil back pain ...haven't had a period yet..but i was wearing 2 pads and a tampon during that time. ..how long does it take for the fibroids to completely die off?

• Posted

Hey Lillian im still not able to eat. ..when did your appetite come back ..i spotted for two days but no period...still cant eat?
  • Posted

I thought I was the only one that got rectum and leg cramps it's nice enough to now I'm not alone.What surgery did you get? Did you get your uterus removed I don't want to do that still want to have kids. Did it leave a ugly scar??

• Posted

I had the ufe...those rectum and leg cramps were painful because the fibroids were pressing on nereves..i had miscarried years back due to large fibroids not handling it then caused them to get bigger and more grow...i finally got the courage Pam to do something about it ..Dr did say i could conceive now women often end up pregnant after the ufe..im just glad i got my life back a week or two of pain is worth not having a lifetime of it ...no more excruciating periods...frequent urination. .bloating and horrible leg,back and rectum pain...good luck to you in whatever you decide i was told to get a hysterectomy after i miscarried i was only 32 at the time im 41 now i had to get a blood transfusion and everything when i miscarried. .i decided against a hysterectomy. ..to me fibroids are serious thing to have especially if u dont treat them they take over your life
    • Posted

Thank you for answering. I will definitely look that up ufe. Just found out I had a 5cm fibroid right in the center of my uterus😭 Which hurt like he'll when they were trying to insert what ever they insert when they do the SIS. Worst pain of my life I could of past out from the pain. Did they have to cut your stomach or could they do it through your veginal. Sorry if you feel uncomfortable all reading or answering these publicly. But I don't mind answering publicly hopefully someone out there can help me. Thanks

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.