The Pill and Acid Reflux

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi,

Calling all females out there with acid reflux problems!  Have any of you thought that taking the Pill makes your acid worse?  I have started with acid reflux problems for the past  3 months after taking some uncoated steriods that started all this off.  I am now left with a lump on the throat feeling which is preventing me from eating solid foods.  However, I do seem to feel its a bit better on my 7 days break and it feels a bit worse when I am taking the pill - just wondered if it could be making things any worse and if anyone else had found this?

Thanks,

Amanda.

1 like, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

I had the same issue, ive been taking nexium, and a capeful of apple cider vinegar. It helped. Im going to get probiotics from the health food store, i hear it works. Try alkaline water. The probiotics are the live ones in the freezer
    • Posted

Hi,

Thanks for replying.  Are you also on the Pill and feel like this is making you feel any worse?

I have been told to try alkaline water too but where do you get it from? I am currently on Lansoprazole and I am due to have a gastroscopy this weekend to see what is going on inside.  What is Apple Cider Vinegar, is that something you can drink - where did you purchase that also?

Many thanks for your help.

Amanda.

• Posted

Hi Tata, what have you read about probiotics helping with reflux?
    • Posted

Apple Cider Vinegar will be where the red wine vinegar and white vinegar is.

You can't drink it like you would water but you can mix a little with water or if you can stand it take it straight ( tsp or tbs)

• Posted

Hi Celia,

Many thanks for getting back to me.  Is this known for helping with acid reflux then?  How did you take yours, just a little in water?  Has this helped you and how much a day do you take?

Thanks very much.

Amanda.

• Posted

Hi Amanda I take it when I remember, at least once a day.  I take a capful then a drink of water from my bottle. It can't hurt if you do it more. You use it for salad. I find eating the right foods helps the most, but I don't always do that. I never had this problem until I took omeprazole. When I stoppped because of it's side effects, it became hell. So I'm trying different things too. 
    • Posted

Hi Celia,

Thanks for getting back to me.  I will have to try a few new things to get rid of this. However, at the moment with having the 'lump' feeling in my throat I can't actually eat solid food and am just on liquids at the moment but I am having a Gastrocscopy done tomorrow so hopefully that will help with some diagnosis then I can start to try and watch what I eat them to help things.

I will try the vineger.

Let me know how you get on.

Many thanks,

Amanda.

• Posted

Good luck tomorrrow, it will be a big rellief for you to know what's going on.

Keep me in the loop. smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.