The press have indicated that doctors are too free when issuing meds and many coditions can be dealt

Posted , 4 users are following.

the government have alerted the press that doctors issuing drugs thru laziness and bad eating and lack of exercise by patients are costing billions in drugs.They state good dietary advice is not being dispensed before the issue of drugs like statins.

Is this a warning shot of future attempts to cut the number of prescriptions to the detriment of our health

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I really don’t think so, I can comment about countries outside the UKthough.  I like to think the way in which the medical community deal with and help mental health patients has changed considerably.

I work on a trauma unit (one of the units that dealt with the Mcr bombing victims 🐝wink and the shift in change in the treatment of mental health in the last 5yrs is amazing. It’s not perfect and it can constantly be improved, funding needs to be vastly increased and treatments offered to all regardless of who a patient is or where they live. 

I think and I bloody hope long gone are the days where people suffering from depression etc are told to ‘get over it’.

You wouldn’t offer no acute management or treatment for a person that has broken their leg...so why should mental health be treated any differently? 

• Posted

That should say **can’t not can! 
  • Posted

Sorry!!! I put my answer to this instead of in the depression board! SORRY ☺️

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.