The Punch technique is a God send!

Posted , 3 users are following.

I posted here a few months back detailing my attacks and diagnosis. I read through the forums and came across the "Punch Technique". It has worked for me everytime.

At first I thought I had to quite literally punch myself in the Anus which sounded questionable and upon first trying, difficult! But I've found that I only need to punch close to the Anus on my buttock cheek for it to work. The right cheek as the pain feels to be most prominent on the right side of the inside of my Anus.

I've had several build ups to full blown attack (sweating, almost fainting, feeling as though the world may fall from my bottom) punched right out. It takes around up to 20 hard punches. I've found that I don't need to punch until the pain stops, I just punch as much and as hard as I can, stop, walk around and it subsides immediately.

This has been a God send. Especially at work where my attacks like to occur. I just tottle off to the loo and punch my arse. Then carry on as usual.

Do give it go. You feel like an absolute idiot doing it but if it works for you you'll be so thankful.

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Green,

I'm thrilled that you found a technique that works for you. There's never a good time to have a painful attack, but it is incredibly comforting to know that, when it does occur, you can deal with it quickly and efficiently. I have no doubt that the members of this forum have helped countless others deal with PF by sharing what they've learned. The punch technique definitely changed my life the moment I discovered that it worked, somewhere around 15 or 20 years ago.

For others who may not be familiar with it, the theory behind it is that imparting a small amount of focussed energy to the colon area will interrupt the frequency and amplitude of the spasms that gradually build during an attack and become increasingly painful. The punch technique is to lean forward while standing and then strike on or near the anus with the back of the hand, right on the target. It's not hard to reach - if you can wipe yourself, you can definitely get you hand in the right position! Slapping with an open hand would dissipate the energy so it is better to make a fist and angle your fist so you are striking with the first knuckle in order to focus the energy so that it will propagate up the colon. You do not have to hit hard!  It is not violent or painful in any way. Just hit firmly. I usually do two rounds of 25 hits. It's easy and takes about a minute. Et voilá! It's gone!

If at work, you can close your office door or else go to the bathroom to take care of it. This technique has completely eliminated PF as an issue for me. I don't have to deal with the pain and I don't have to worry about it. I'm thankful to have this forum to be able to share it with others and hopefully help others to reduce PF to a mere minor inconvenience quickly dealt with.  

Thanks for the feedback Green90239 and thanks for sharing!

Cheers

Jim77426 

Cheers, 

Jim

• Posted

Hi Jim,

I'm thrilled you've commented. I owe you so much! My life has completely changed. I had read that someone came up with the technique themselves but didn't find a name.

I've had 3 build ups over the past 48hours, cannot and never do understand in terms of frequency etc it's so random but, I have no fear anymore. All at work and all dealt with way before it becomes debilitating.

To think last year I had colleagues sit me down and ask if I was OK because I was as white as ghost, sweating and close to losing consciousness and couldn't tell them why out of embarrassment.

Thanks Jim for sharing and helping. I'm eternally grateful.

Green x

• Posted

Hi Green,

It's a nice feeling isn't it, to know that you are now the master of it instead of the other way around. 

I have heard from others as well who had tried the technique and are no longer at the mercy of fb. 

Hopefully your experience will encourage others to give the technique a try. 

Cheers,

Jim

• Posted

I recently experienced PF attacks 3 days in a row. I'm not positive there is a connection but I do like my jalapenos and I was having jalapenos added to every meal, breakfast, lunch and dinner (I love Subway!) for four consecutive days. I had the PF attacks on days 2 3 and 4.

Of course, I used my punch technique for each occurrence and, as always, it stopped the PF and its tracks in about a minute.

I found that the technique even works through clothing, including jeans, so I no longer remove / lower any clothing to perform the technique. Having the punch technique in my back pocket (!) means that I can continue to enjoy my jalapenos without worry.

Anyone interested in reading about the punch technique can search this forum or reply to me.

Cheers,

Jim

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.