THE RESULT OF MY 2ND OPINION APPT WITH !!

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi Every one,

I promised you all that I will giving you an update of my visit with my second opinion's appointment with my neuro surgeon that was referred by my gp and neurologist of my request. i was really pleased and confident, he explained to me the risk out weight the benefit of the operation, what dos and dont after the op. what if i dont operate etc. the lenght of operation what the expectation etc...what is the success rate..he is so professional, understand how terrified I was, such an ethical, very skill full and understanding NS, I am so blessed to be referred to hi, he does between 2 - 300 per year..so there..I have nothing to worry ab out..I am now just being put on his waiting list..So..I personally..in my opinion..if you have CM..PLEASE HAE THE OPERATION.!!!!before meeting him, I was not sure..still thinking about it..hence this second opinion coming from..after discussing with him for over 40 minutes chats..my of my..I thanks God that i am 100% sure operation is the only way to reduce this horrendous headache... the recovery period might not be easy but t least I will be able to have my life back...so I HOPE MY TESTIMONIAL CAN HELP OTHERS LIKE ME.....

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Please don't tell people they should have the surgery.

It is only a good neurosurgeon with experience in chiari that can advise, as everyone is different, with different symptoms, pain levels and personal surgery risks.

Other patients should NOT have surgery based on someone else's opinion.

However, I am glad you found your surgeon helpful.

• Posted

Thanks Clarey for the gentle reminder hence I put in a big capital ''in my opinion'' (based on my experience and my condition0, but yeah..I ll let you know when is going to be..but I can't wait..as i really can't put up with fainting each i cough
  • Posted

Glad you got the outcome you wanted from your appointment.

I would also advise caution with advising others to have the operation. This is a big operation and everyone needs to asses their own personal situation before deciding if surgery is the right step for them.

All the best with your journey

• Posted

Hey smile I am currently looking to get a 2nd Opinion as my first and only time with a NS was not pleasant. Are you in the UK? If so who did you go and see for your 2nd Op? Really pleased you were able to move forward in your journey smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.